We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,024 Posts
    Hi,

it seems to working, been a long time i used this, but the enduser saw an error in the log, so just checking:

Undefined variable: lang

Any solution here?

Frank.
      • 305 Posts
      Anybody able to code this so that a signature with an unsubscribe link in the bottom of e-mails is sent?

I tried to add a chunk and then insert into the e-mail form area but it just posted the text of the chunk in the e-mails that were sent.
        Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
        • 2,310 Posts
        You would need to hard-code it into the email template as MODx isn’t parsing the email template before it is sent.
          • 305 Posts
          Quote from: bunk58 at Mar 15, 2010, 05:01 PM

You would need to hard-code it into the email template as MODx isn’t parsing the email template before it is sent.

The Easy Newletter add-on does not have it’s own e-mail file. So I am assuming you mean hard code it into the master e-mail file. Do you know which file I can hard code this in?
            Making the web a better place on site at a time! Dayton Web Design: http://www.dayton-web-design.com/
            • 2,310 Posts
            The Easy Newsletter Module enables you to create email templates to send to your users that signed up via the front end form.
            I assumed you wanted to add an un-subscribe link to the email template.
              • 1 Posts
              Quote from: wbbuilder at Mar 15, 2010, 06:24 PM

Quote from: bunk58 at Mar 15, 2010, 05:01 PM

The Easy Newletter add-on does not have it’s own e-mail file. So I am assuming you mean hard code it into the master e-mail file. Do you know which file I can hard code this in?

Hi - I’m running into the same issue;
              Warning: include(../assets/modules/easynewsletter/languages/.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in.../manager/processors/execute_module.processor.php(114) : eval()’d code on line 75

and

Warning: include(../assets/modules/easynewsletter/languages/.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/m/e/r/file/html/development/assets/modules/easynewsletter/backend.php on line 27.

Now I can’t even find the config part of the module that allows me to change the smtp even if I wanted to!

Also: Can you give me an example of what the smtp configuration would look like?

Thanks!

• 2,310 Posts
                Have you added this to the module configuration tab ?
                &modId=Module ID;int;XX &path=Path;text;../assets/modules/easynewsletter/ &lang=Language;text;***** 

Where XX is the id shown if you hover over the save button and ***** is a valid language file.
                  • 5 Posts
                  Is it just me or does anyone else have the following problems:

1. If you have any apostrophes (’) in your email content, it throws an error on saving. Need to put \’ for it to work.

2. If you have TinyMCE set to use ’docrelative’ (which is the default), links to your site in the email don’t work. Switching it to use full path works, but then links on the website don’t...

• 3 Posts
                    I everyone...
                    I´d installed the easynewsletter module and I use a custom template tha already as field for a newsletter (name, e-mail and subscribe button), How can I make them to work with easynewsletter???

I think that it´s via a snippet call but I can´t make it...Can you help me???

P.S: I am a rookie in this type of work...

Best regards, Francisco Gaspar.
                      • 19 Posts
                      The installation and configuration of the product went very smoothly, but when I create a new newsletter and attempt to save it to the database, I get the following error:

« MODx Parse Error »
                      MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
                      « Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's mailing list.

' WHERE id='1'' at line 1 »
                      SQL: UPDATE easynewsletter_newsletter SET subject='Jane Smith Newsletter', newsletter='

This is a sample newsletter for Jane Smith's mailing list.
                      ' WHERE id='1'

Any recommendations for how this might be resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
                      Michael