We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    support/comment thread for Easy Newsletter.

Easy Newsletter
    With Easy Newsletter you can create newsletters, handle subscribers within the manager and let visitors subscribe/unsubcribe themselves to your mailing list.

Features:
    - Visitors can subcsribe and unsubscribe themselves from your mailinglist.
    - Subscription form can be in any document (webpage) you want.
    - You can edit and delete subscribers.
    - Create, edit and delete newsletters in HTML format.
    - Send test newsletters before you send to the subscribers.
    - Setup sending options like SMTP, Qmail MTA, Sendmail, PHP mail.
    - This release contains English and Danish. You can add custom languages.

Known bugs/improvements:
    - Bold, italic and underline do not work in Newsletter editor.
    - Pictures do not show up correctly in newsletter editor.

Notes: This newsletter system is heavily inspired by KoopsmailinglistX so a bow in respect and appreciation to the original author Jasper Koops and [email protected] who ported it to MODx.

If you want to optimize or extend the Easy Newsletter code then you are more than welcome to do that.

This is my first contribution to MODx so please be gentle smiley
      Life is a movie....action!
    • Hey flux sounds like a very interesting contribution. Thanks for sharing!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 27 Posts
        Great, i’ve waited for this quite some time! Thanks!!! grin

Seems to work fine, i’ll add german language later. laugh

edit: german language attached. roughly translated, feel free to correct if needed. rename to german.php before uploading.
          • 12 Posts
          Thansk rthrash

You are welcome myeviltwin. Thats great with a german text file.

I will Include it in the next version. If anybody have played aronud with implement Rich Text Editor into modules or snippets please tell me how you did it. I want to optimize Easy Newsletter to be able to send e-mail with images and use bold, italic and underline.
            • 3,975 Posts
            Thats cool Flux! thanks man.
              Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
              • 232 Posts
              Hello!

Good work!
              Can I say litle wishes?
              Very often people add news in special container as children document. And need to send these news to subscribers. Can you make special button on the "Newsletter -> Download News" for download news from news-container (may be only Title and Summary) to the Easy Newsletter?
              And very need flag to display that this newsletter was send ..
                • 12 Posts
                Its nice to know someone can use Easy News letter smiley

Pisto: Thats a good idea! First I will focus on the rich text editor improvements, then send status. After that I will looking in to your request.
                  • 232 Posts
                  Thx, I will be wait =)
                  • Just tried Easy Newsletter for a new project and it seems to work well. I like it so much I would like to suggest some things that could make it even better.

I have a couple of feature requests:
                    Subscription Confirmation Email with Customizable Chunk Based Template.
                    Double Opt-In for Confirmation to ensure a clean list and reduce bots.
                    Captcha Support.
                    HTML Email support using actual documents for emails
                    Newsletter Archive Page (If messages could be documents then this would be a no-brainer with Ditto)

Thanks for the great work! BTW, I wouldn’t kill yourself over getting the RTE to work. If the documents don’t ouptut in Multipart format they will go as text and possibly broken text. I think ensuring plain text works well is a first goal. Not to mention if you can use documents via id to send as email then you could forego the RTE in the Module Manager anyway.

Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
                    • Just thought of another item that should be there which is an unsubscribe link to be appended to the email so that subscribers don’t have to put in both their first and last name as well as email to unsubscribe. If they could just click a link from their email that contained a variable string that would be a plus.

Cheers,

Jay
                        Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub