We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    No worries grin
      Life is a movie....action!
      • 137 Posts
      Thanks very much for this. I just installed and tested it and it worked as promised. smiley

It would be great to be able to select an HTML template for the emails it sends! cool

Anton

EDIT: When editing a newsletter, the insert/edit link function (Tiny MCE 2.1.1.1) seems to have some bugs. Link list links don’t work and I can’t insert absolute URLs. Any ideas?
        • 1 Posts
        Hi

Nice module. I’ve started using it and i had to come up with a french translation.
        Also I noticed a bug: if the newsletter contains quotes, it won’t work. The newsletter’s content needs to be escaped to prevent mysql syntax error from happening.
        Here are my french translation + my modified backend.php file.

Regards,

Youssef

P.S: AntonL, Links in tinyMCE seem to work fine as long as you write them in the http://www.somesite.com, without forgetting the www
          • 26 Posts
          Hi there

Excellent script.

It works OK, BUT I am getting errors in the Reports > System Events tab. A new error is logged every time I access the Newsletter Manager in the Manager system.

Event Id: 1 Source: Easy Newsletter - Module

Date: 16-Oct-2007 09:38 AM User: Test User

Undefined variable: i

Any ideas what is causing this error? The system seems to work but I’d rather it wasn’t generating errors in the back end.

Many thanks
            • 26 Posts
            ... and more often I get this error in the log:

Event Id: 1 Source: Easy Newsletter - Module

Date: 16-Oct-2007 09:50 AM User: User Name

Undefined variable: lang_subscriber_action

Unforntuately these errors will quickly fill up the database as they are happening very frequently.

Thanks
            • The ’undefined variables’ error means that the variable is being used before it’s been declared. The items in question are caused by:

1. $i - used when including the language file in both the snippet and module. For example, in the frontend:
              include('assets/modules/easynewsletter/languages/'.mysql_result($result,$i,"lang_frontend").'.php');

But, $i doesn’t have a value at that point - I think $i can be replaced with 0 in this instance as there should only 1 record being returned in the recordset. (Haven’t tried it, so if someone could validate that wink )

2. $lang_subscriber_action - used in backend.php but doesn’t have an entry in the language file. Place a definition in the language file and that error will disappear.

Hope that helps,
              Garry
                Garry Nutting
                Senior Developer
                MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                Twitter: @garryn
                Web: modx.com
                • 55 Posts
                Is there any solution for the parse errors generated by the insertion of ’ characters in the newsletter?
                Escaping the ’ (\’) only works for one save. Once you reopen the newsletter, the editor generally gets rid of the \ and the save problem occurs again.

The only solution I found so far is to use ’ for every ’. Maybe this conversion could be done before saving the newsletter?
                  • 27 Posts
                  Hi!
                  A very good module but I’ve a problem.

I get the same error of Leezig, when run the SQL code everything is well but... Every time I change something of the configuration the error comes back (even when only change the name of the Sender Name)... What is my error?

Please Help.

But if I introduce the configuration in the same SQL code everything goes well...

I also wanted to know why this problem happens when send a newsletter:

Sending newsletter to all subscribers....please wait.

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in .../public_html/manager/includes/controls/class.smtp.php on line 105

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to :25 (Unknown error) in .../public_html/manager/includes/controls/class.smtp.php on line 105
                  An error occurred
                  Maybe your settings in the Configuration are wrong.
                    • 6 Posts
                    Hi,

great module, works like a charm. wink
                    i got a question, how can i manually add subscribers to the subscriber list?
                    I got some Web Users i would like to add to the list, but i dont want to ask them to register again.
                    Thank You very much!

j
                      • 27 Posts
                      Hi Flux!

Thx for the great module smiley.
                      I have some questions (maybe it can help Jules152 too wink): I want to import the subscriber list from the tailer-made list of the webusers (I export the table of the webusers to an excel file, get rid of the fields which are not in the easynews_subscriber table, and import the list into it). My problem is, that there are fields I don’t know what they stand for like Status, Blocked, Lastnewsletter, and Created (well of course I have some idea, I’m just not very self-assured undecided), and I don’t know, what kind of values they can get (obviously the only fields is Lastnewsletter, which causes me the headacke, beacuse it is not nullable).
                      Help me pls. and thx in advance smiley