We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,204 Posts
    Quote from: edipo at Mar 02, 2006, 03:09 PM

Hi, I have a stupid question: how I restore the modx backup and the sql database ?
    Thanks to all

I have the same problem
    it shows for les then a second and then I get the same vieuw as the image above in ff it works great.

is there an posibility to have a snippet start this backup process? i played with the autobackup snippet that xyzvisual made with your code as base. but It does not work good it gives me an error on the end and I cant get it out.

If this backup could be automated and maybe even an option to have the backup automaticly uploaded tru ftp to an other server, that would be a great funktion. I am hosting over 40 modx sites that are updated by the clients and they do not backup the site and if they do I do not get the zipfile (I do not want the client to get the file cause it hase password etc in the config file that they do not need to get).

is there an event like on manager logout or timeout, that way you could make a backup just before somone logsout.
      follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
      • 52 Posts
      I would like to give this module a try but am having trouble installing it. After pasting code of modbak.module.tpl in Manager > Create/Edit Module and trying to save, I get this message in the frame:

ERROR 403
      Sorry, your request to view:
      /manager/index.php?a=109
      has been denied.

This is my first venture into module land but I do have a pretty good grasp of how MODx works, but I’m stumped here. Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers!
        • 4,213 Posts
        Quote from: abbeyroad at Jul 18, 2006, 02:04 PM

ERROR 403
        Sorry, your request to view:
        /manager/index.php?a=109
        has been denied.

Sounds to me that your host doesn’t allow some string to be in POST data.. could it be it? You can find this out bu pasting small bits at a time and see where that error comes from..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 52 Posts
          Thanks, Doze! You’re spot on. I tried what you suggested and discovered the error was caused by these lines (194 - 198) in modbak.module.tpl :
          $fh = fopen($modx_backup_dir.$database_filename,'w');

if($dumpfinished) 
                  {
                      fwrite($fh,$dumpfinished);    

and in particular fopen and fwrite. Would I be right in assuming my host disallows these strings in post data as a security measure and if so, is this a common practice?
          By copying the module code directly into the database I overcame the problem, but surely there’s a better way of solving this....
          Apart from that, ModBak worked a treat for me, backed up, moved and restored a site in minutes. This fonctionality really should be integrated with MODx.

Cheers all!
          • Would I be right in assuming my host disallows these strings in post data as a security measure and if so, is this a common practice?
            Yes, this is caused by the mod_security module for Apache being used by your hosts. It’s fairly common practice for hosts to use this but some hosts can be a bit over stringent with their use of it.

There are things you can do to get round it - I know it has been discussed on the forum before, so a search may unveil the answer. If not, there’s always Google smiley
              Garry Nutting
              Senior Developer
              MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
              Twitter: @garryn
              Web: modx.com
              • 4,213 Posts
              Quote from: abbeyroad at Jul 18, 2006, 10:11 PM

By copying the module code directly into the database I overcame the problem, but surely there’s a better way of solving this....
              Not alot options I’m afraid, my host doesn’t allow "content-type" to be in post data, so usually I build the string using "content-"."type" if I need it, but that doesn’t work with function names ofcourse. One way would be to have the code in filesystem and use include() in the snippet/module.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                • 190 Posts
                I’m having some trouble with Modbak. When I run the module and press "generate backup" the frame in the manager is replaced by an empty page. Afterwards there is a zip file in my backup dir (it’s called tmpbackup.zip), but when I try to open it I get an error: "Compressed file is invalid or damaged". Also, when I go back to Modules > Modbak in the manager, the backup file is not listed.
                I treid re-installing modbak, but that didn’t help. sad
                Help with this would be greatly appreciated.
                  Thanks for MODx - I love it!
                  • 241 Posts

Hi

This module works great with an ftp and phpmyadmin. Thanks for creating this stuff !! grin

The only thing is that all my "accent"(fr) like "é" or "è" went lost..
                  And we have many in French..

Would you have an idea where it could come from ?

Thanks in advance
                  Alchime
                  (fr)
                    • 59 Posts
                    Hey,

I was backing up my site with modback and got the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 51 bytes) in /var/www/vhosts/247atx.com/httpdocs/assets/modules/modbak/pclzip.lib.php on line 2764

So is my site too big to be zipped up?

Is there any way to allow for a larger size?

Thanks,

Josh
                      • 4,213 Posts
                      Truncate the log tables before you backup it