We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: rvdc2006 at Apr 22, 2006, 11:12 PM

However, I have my template stuff directly under the ’modx’, so [mysite]/modx/[templatename], and this directory is not included in the zip file. Is there some way to make that happen (or would you recommend not using that structure to begin with)?

The great, yet often intimidating thing about MODx is that it allows you to do it how you want to. But I imagine most of us that have been using MODx for a while (correct me if I’m wrong folks) use the /assets/templates/{MyTemplateName} scheme for storing web resources related to our template designs. If you approached it that way, then your templates would also be backed up, and might be able to take advantage of other future /assets/templates/ features.

My $0.02.
      • 14 Posts
      Great module! Very useful.
      Whenever I run the module, I get the following message (in the event log):

"It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ’America/Los_Angeles’ for ’-7.0/DST’ instead."

The module runs fine otherwise. How do I get rid of the message?

Thx
      Ron
        • 14 Posts
        Quote from: rvdc2006 at May 04, 2006, 02:44 PM

Great module! Very useful.
        Whenever I run the module, I get the following message (in the event log):

"It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ’America/Los_Angeles’ for ’-7.0/DST’ instead."

The module runs fine otherwise. How do I get rid of the message?

Resolved! It turned out there was no date.timezone parameter defined in php.ini.
        Adding that and restarting the web server did the trick.

Ron
          • 51 Posts
          Hi.

Thanks for this nice module.
          I would like to use it simply for changing a site from staging to production on the same server (Linux, apache)
          That is : from /mySiteRoot/modx to /mySiteRoot

My questions :

• After restoring the site, the only place I have to change is in : System Configuration -> Interface & editor settings :
            .- Resource path : here I have to introduce the new path ??
          • There is no need to backup-restore database??
          • Can I simply move my /modx folder to /mySiteRoot??

Meanwhile, I am making some tests here on my local machine (Windowx, Xamp) but get a warning message from modx.
          When I go to log viewer to see what warning is, I get the following ; jpeg attached.

Thanks again.

Michel.
          PS : in your documentation file change modBak.module.php to .tpl

• 283 Posts
            I’ve problem with special character when moving from my host (1&1) to XAMPP by using this module. huh

When I use the export/import with phpMyAdmin there is no problem but with the module I lost all my accent (French language).

What is strange is

• the import with phpMyAdmin constructs the entire database with latin1_german2_ci interclasement (I though it was utf8_general_ci). But it works well
            • When I use the module, I have to create first the database before importing the tables. I’ve tried with latin1_german2_ci and utf8_general_ci interclassement but I always have problems with accent

Do I miss something tongue or is there a bug in the module ?
            • Quote from: OncleBen31 at May 17, 2006, 12:48 PM

I’ve problem with special character when moving from my host (1&1) to XAMPP by using this module. huh

When I use the export/import with phpMyAdmin there is no problem but with the module I lost all my accent (French language).

What is strange is

• the import with phpMyAdmin constructs the entire database with latin1_german2_ci interclasement (I though it was utf8_general_ci). But it works well
              • When I use the module, I have to create first the database before importing the tables. I’ve tried with latin1_german2_ci and utf8_general_ci interclassement but I always have problems with accent

Do I miss something tongue or is there a bug in the module ?

Make sure the character encoding connection is compatible with latin1 and set the file encoding of the SQL you are generating from the original to latin1 when importing/executing your dump.
                • 122 Posts
                Great module! Just what I was looking for . . . just one problem . . .

The module seems to be working properly in that it creates the zip file in the right place but when I download and try to expand the zip file I get the following error when using winzip.

"End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a Zip file, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part Zip file."

I’ve tried using winRar too but still the same type of error. I’ve also tried with and without adding the database archive but still the same error.

Permissions on the backup directory are set to 777.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

UPDATE
                Don’t know what’s going on here . . . when downloading the zip file in IE 6 on Windows XP SP2, I get the errors described above. If I download the zip file using firefox, opera, netscape, safari (mac os) in fact anything other the IE, it solves the problem. Could IE be corrupting the file when it’s downloading??

• I just started using MODx a few days ago on a development server. I didn’t give much thought to moving it to a live server at the time so finding this module was great news for me.

When I try to run it I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /mounted-storage/home8/sub002/sc15283-BTBS/development/cms/manager/processors/execute_module.processor.php(103) : eval()’d code on line 124

My coding skills are enough to get me around in PHP, but troubleshooting is way over my skills.

I did verify the backup directory was set for 777.

Thanks
                  AMDbuilder
                    Patrick | Server Wrangler
                    About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                    • 634 Posts
                    Very, very useful tool smiley And a great time saver too.
                      Mikko Lammi, Owner at Maagit
                      • 1 Posts
                      Just installed modbak, since it seems to be far more comfortable than the built in backup manager.
                      However, after installing following the instructions, simply opening the module’s page resulted in an error.
                      The event-log gives strange infos concerning time/date formats, and the screens stays as shown in the screenshot.
                      undecided