We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 388 Posts
    I changed the memory and time limits in the modbak module. Now this is working. Yeah!
      www.terrybarthdesign.com
      • 2 Posts
      I am having problems backing up my ModX site and I wondered if someone could give me some extra instruction. I am new to this and have started work on a site that is setup and live.
        • 177 Posts
        Quote from: kevin0101 at Jun 06, 2008, 01:21 PM

I am having problems backing up my ModX site and I wondered if someone could give me some extra instruction. I am new to this and have started work on a site that is setup and live.

I submitted a new website backup program recently.  It’s like modbak in concept.  You can find it here: http://modxcms.com/BkupMODx-2073.html

Maybe it will help!
          • 1 Posts
          I have only recently started using MODX and it’s working really well for me.

I just downloaded this backup module and it seems to work really well.

There is only one step missing in the installation and that is to modify the content of the modbak.module.tpl to set the correct backup directory. The step to set the backup directory in the download file is mentioned, but not for the module. I only figured this out because of the error message when running the module.

I realise this topic has not been updated for a while, but I stumbled upon it and it was useful to me. I thought others might benefit as well and it would be good to update the installation instructions.

Thanks.
            • 11 Posts
            Hi,
            I’ve read thru this thread twice.

I have installed modbak twice... as far as I know I’ve followed the install directions in first post, but I can’t get a backup file that is unzippable. I also like Maaike get a blank page in the run module window. Like Maaike in reply #36 I end up with a tmp file. It shows up as having a file size of over 3 MB, however I can’t open it. His comment wasn’t responded to.

The module is running obviously ... I get a file in the right folder. Permissions are ok or the file wouldn’t end up there.

I’m at a loss; what else should I look for to check for any errors I’ve made? huh

Thanks for your help.

• 11 Posts
              OK I got it working, too.

To help someone else, this is what I did:

changed (as noted elsewhere in the thread) the memory/time settings in the modbak.module.tpl
              I did this:

// memory / time settings
              $zip_time_limit = 480;
              $zip_memory_limit = '20M';
              $db_time_limit = 480;
              $db_memory_limit = '20M';

I had a lot of trouble figuring out the path -- the module itself seemed to be looking in the public_html folder of my site, but I didn’t want the _backup folder there.

I ended up changing the default line in the module
              $modx_backup_dir = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/_backup/';

to one with the path hard-coded without the modx variables at all and enclosing the path with single quotation marks:

$modx_backup_dir = '/NameOfServer/MyUserNameAtTheHost/_backup/';

I should add that it only works for me without including the database tables.
              To be sure I have it all covered, I also exported the database thru PHPMyAdmin.
                • 85 Posts
                Does it work with 1.0.2 ?
                  • 122 Posts
                  I would be interested too, it sounds like a great and useful module. Has anybody tested already with Evolution?
                    • 177 Posts
                    Yes it works with 1.02.

Enjoy!
                      • 75 Posts
                      Presume it works with Evo 1.0.4 as well?