We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 35 Posts
    Quote from: Dr. at Sep 19, 2007, 10:45 PM

What used to be universally "saveprofile" is now:
    On the profile page: "saveprofile"
    On the simple page: "saveprofilesimple"

If you are NOT using &type=`profile`, make sure the button on your profile template says "saveprofilesimple" and not "saveprofile".

I "briefly" mentioned it here, but this was not an official press release. I should have been more clear in the release notes.
    http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,17359.msg113544.html#msg113544

This might fix both yours and Dimmy’s troubles (I hope  embarrassed).

I apologize, because I have made this as clear as mud, so hopefully, this will relieve some of that confusion.
    I will make changes to the snippet code to load a different default template if &type=`simple` so the buttons preform correctly.

Thanks for the information, this really helped me sort out some bugs.

-sD-
    Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.

grin  HEY HEY, You just made me one happy camper!  This worked like a charm, one note when doing things this way the Delete Profile button needs ’simple’ added to it as well.

I will double check that other problem soon and get back to ya,
    This is really cool now that it works!

I can see thru the MUD now!
      • 35 Posts
      Quote from: Dr. at Sep 19, 2007, 10:45 PM

Quote from: cobnet at Sep 19, 2007, 08:49 PM

BTW: I went to the DEMO page and registered and then tried to change my password and it would not change there either, but everything else was being saved?
      Wow?
      I was surprised to hear that, so I went to my demo page and edited my profile. I gave myself a new password of "666666" and clicked save.

I logged out, then logged back in with my OLD password (assuming it is not being saved). Oh, oh, My password is incorrect?
      So I tried the new password, "666666", and I was logged in. I went back to my profile page, changed the password back to the old one, and logged out, then successfully logged back in with my original password.

Diagnosis: "Save" is working on the profile page (I tested on Safari 3, Firefox 2.x, Opera 9.2 (all Mac OS X), FireFox 2.x, Epiphany, and Internet Explorer 6 (Ubuntu Linux 7.0.4).

-sD-

Ok I logged in to my site first to see if my profile page would save a new password for me and it did not, I did some quick testing from previous memory of this similiar problem in 1.2.0 and changed my template file to read passwordconfirm rather than password.confirm. This must be a problem with my server which uses php 4.7 something, anyways with this new change my new password was changed and worked prefectly.

Next I logged into your Demo site and lo and behold it did work? Maybe I was up way too late last nite and was missing something, anyways today it did indeed change my password. I am using IE 7.0.5730.11 so you can add that to your list.

One final note, it was really quick so I could not read it, but try going to your profile page at your Demo site and click the logout button from that page. Like I said it was really quick but I did see "MODX parse error ......" and then the page refreshed correctly? I did try this a second time to make sure it was not a fluke, but it really too fast to read what the message is???

Thanks for the really really quick response, this is amazing,
      Mark
        • 1,193 Posts
        Wierd. The error says it cannot destroy the session because the session does not exist.
        I will have to look into the code around session_destroy().

-sD-
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
          All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
          • 100 Posts
          [+user.lastlogin+] does not output the last login date on sidebar!
          (Look at sidebar after login on http://demo.scottydelicious.com)
          And I have the same problem on my site with WebLoginPE 1.3.0!

Sorry for my english!
            Sorry for my english! smiley
          • Quote from: OSBoy at Sep 21, 2007, 07:39 PM

[+user.lastlogin+] does not output the last login date on sidebar!
            (Look at sidebar after login on http://demo.scottydelicious.com)
            And I have the same problem on my site with WebLoginPE 1.3.0!

Sorry for my english!

Quote from: Soshite at Sep 13, 2007, 08:38 PM

I noticed an bug while just installing 1.3.0 (haven’t converted from PPP to WLPE yet). Seems [+user.lastlogin+] isn’t parsing at all. This was working in 1.1.1, IIRC.

Total # of Logins works like it should, however.

Confirmed...

OK, here’s the fix:

In webloginpe.class.php:

Change ~ Line #1778 from:
            $modx->setPlaceholder('user.'.$key, strftime($dateFormat, $value));

to this:
            $modx->setPlaceholder('user.'.$key, strftime($this->DateFormat, $value));

:)
              Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
              MODx Ambassador / Contributor
              [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
            • Quote from: Dr. at Sep 20, 2007, 01:10 AM

Wierd. The error says it cannot destroy the session because the session does not exist.
              I will have to look into the code around session_destroy().

-sD-

We have been witnessing premature timeouts on web user sessions.... It’s probably just server config, but it seems that it’s only been happening since WLPE... prior to that, we didn’t have a single "dropped session" hmmm...
                Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
                Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t use age as a sorting variable in &userslist. Does it require dob on the same page to "calculate" the value?
                  My Snippets
                  -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                  • 1,193 Posts
                  Quote from: Soshite at Sep 22, 2007, 01:20 AM

Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t use age as a sorting variable in &userslist. Does it require dob on the same page to "calculate" the value?
                  No, age is not a database column, it is just a value calculated from the "dob" column and time().
                  You can not use "age" as a sorting value unless you create a custom field for age and have the user enter it.

-sD-
                    Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• 1,193 Posts
                    Quote from: pixelchutes at Sep 21, 2007, 11:24 PM

We have been witnessing premature timeouts on web user sessions.... It’s probably just server config, but it seems that it’s only been happening since WLPE... prior to that, we didn’t have a single "dropped session" hmmm...

Pixelchutes:
                    Can you take a look at the SessionHandler() method to see if there is anything in there that might be messing up the session that MODx is starting?

-sD-

• 100 Posts
                      I have also such problem in viewing a profile of the user:
                      If dob is undefined, [+view.age+] output "Unknown" but if dob is defined, [+view.age+] does not display anything! sad
                      How can I correct it?
                        Sorry for my english! smiley