We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    Quote from: OSBoy at Sep 22, 2007, 09:59 AM

I have also such problem in viewing a profile of the user:
    If dob is undefined, [+view.age+] output "Unknown" but if dob is defined, [+view.age+] does not display anythingsad
    How can I correct it?

It seems like he’s having the complete opposite issue that other users and myself are happening.

EDIT: I noticed another bug. In the fields Zip Code, Phone #, and Mobile Phone #, if you entered in text there, but wanted to remove it, WLPE will not let you do it (I had entered in fake text to test some sorting options). So you would have to go into phpMyAdmin and manually remove it.
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
      • 100 Posts
      Quote from: Soshite at Sep 22, 2007, 01:35 PM
      I noticed another bug. In the fields Zip Code, Phone #, and Mobile Phone #, if you entered in text there, but wanted to remove it, WLPE will not let you do it (I had entered in fake text to test some sorting options). So you would have to go into phpMyAdmin and manually remove it.
      And I have it too...
        Sorry for my english! smiley
        • 925 Posts
        Quote from: OSBoy at Sep 23, 2007, 01:59 PM
        And I have it too...

Since WLPE let’s it’s own custom fields be edited, I bet it’s due to something in MODx’s core code (like those fields it doesn’t want deleted or something like that).
          My Snippets
          -> PopUpChunk v1.0
          • 1,193 Posts
          No.
          This is just the way WebLoginPE works to make sure that data you have not provided in a form does not get overwritten.

WebLoginPE uses an array of all the columns in the default attributes table, then loops $_POST to see if those columns are in there. if they ARE NOT, then they are not posted to the db. so if you previously filled out the zipcode, then set it to ""(blank), well that value will not end up in the $_POST Array and thus not end up being saved into the database.

Using the "Zip code" example:
          Let’s say you have a userprofile form where you DO NOT let them edit the zip code, so you do not provide a text input named "zip". If WebLoginPE did not work the way it does, the zip column in the database would be set to blank everytime the user saved their profile since no value was passed for it. That is why I had it loop through and get rid of fields with no value before saving to the db.

You can change the value to whatever you want, just not (Blank). This is simple data protection 101.

-sD-
          Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA
            Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
            All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
            • 925 Posts
            Oh, okay. That makes sense. smiley
              My Snippets
              -> PopUpChunk v1.0
              • 100 Posts

If dob is undefined, [+view.age+] output "Unknown" but if dob is defined, [+view.age+] does not display anythingsad
              How can I correct it?
              And what about this... ?
                • 1,193 Posts
                Quote from: OSBoy at Sep 24, 2007, 08:30 AM

If dob is undefined, [+view.age+] output "Unknown" but if dob is defined, [+view.age+] does not display anything! sad
                How can I correct it?
                And what about this... ?
                I am not sure, but if I took a guess right now, I think you have some setting wrong somewhere.
                take a look at my profile on the demo page:
                http://demo.scottydelicious.com/users.html?service=viewprofile&username=ScottyDelicious

See, the age works perfectly. The snippet call is at the top of the page. Hopefully it will help you figure out where you went wrong.

-sD-
                Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.
                  Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• 100 Posts
                  Yes. I have already noticed it on your demo site. But I don’t know, that can be wrong in my settings!
                  My snippet call is:
                  [!WebLoginPE? &type=`users` &usersList=`Registered users:wlpe_outer:wlpe_users:id:ASC:` &dateFormat=`%d-%m-%y %T`!]

And I have noticed one more a bug in view user’s profile:
                  if I make snippet call without a &lang parameter, then [+view.status+] does not display anything here!
                    • 100 Posts
                    All ОК!
                    I have found the cause of both problems described by me above. Problem was that I used the side-bar with WebLogin on a page with WebLoginPE ! smiley
                      • 1,193 Posts
                      Interesting.
                      I am glad you found the solution, and thanks for sharing it. I wonder what was causing the conflict?
                      Anyway, glad you have it sorted out.

-sD-
                      Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.