We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,336 Posts
    OK, go to the properties page of the Frontpage plugin and change the ’loadJQuery’ property from no to yes and see if that has any effect.
      Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
      • 8 Posts
      Quote from: shamblett at Nov 23, 2010, 09:27 AM

Assuming you have a super-user user log in through the front end with it, you should see Edit/Create on all the pages.

So sorry, completely missed the ’front-end login’ part...so I did this and success! However, new problem after clicking either create or edit, it goes to [ [++siteurl]]/index.php?id=49&frontpage=1&source=52&parent=0 and displays:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getPrimaryKey() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\MMG\modx\core\model\modx\modaccessibleobject.class.php on line 26
        • 1,336 Posts
        What contexts do you have? I think the edit/create resources assume web, edit these and change them to your contexts if needed.
          • 8 Posts
          Shamblett, thanks a ton for your quick responses and again for all your hard work!! I was using the default web context, and never figured out the last error, but I tried on a fresh install and viola! It could have been a conflict with another package or maybe because I had to install Clarity on a site that already had pages...anyways, as I continue to play around with it I’ll let you know if I see anything out of sorts

and again: THANK YOU! Frontpage amazing contribution to revo!!

ps let me know if you want any help in further developing Frontpage
            • 1,336 Posts
            let me know if you want any help in further developing Frontpage
            Feel free to fork the git repository, I’m more than happy to let the community mould this into whatever they want it to be, features could be added and controlled by basic and advanced version settings for instance so users can have as much or little as they need.
              • 84 Posts
              is frontpage also usable for non-blog pages? like simple websites with a couple of rather static info pages that the site owner should be able to edit every once in a while from the front-end?
                • 8 Posts
                I think blogs is just one of the suggested uses for this plugin. It allows you to edit content using a front-end system. You might want to check the user’s guide, but I think it should work for what you want.

"Frontpage is a front end content editor and creator. It’s intended audience is web users who have their own page set for blogs, news articles and the like and want to manage their own content without having to log in through the manager interface to do this."
                  • 193 Posts
                  in case this hasn’t been suggested already, would it be possible to steal the code backend QuickEdit, and just reuse the same code up-front?

greetings from the ghetto.
                    jealousy<>love
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Quote from: johnywhy at May 03, 2011, 01:22 AM

in case this hasn’t been suggested already, would it be possible to steal the code backend QuickEdit, and just reuse the same code up-front?

greetings from the ghetto.

I haven’t looked at it, but QuickEdit is Evo code and the Revo core is a whole different animal so it might be a serious chore to convert it. You might take a look at the Revo NewsPublisher package.
                      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                      My MODX Extras
                      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • Or UpFront which is getting an update right now by the guys at Butter.
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me