We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    Any word on a new version of QuickEdit or any other front end manager for the revolution beta? It’s a feature I sorely miss. grin

Thanks,
    - Peter
      • 89 Posts
      Bump sad
        • 4,149 Posts
        No, not at this time. Feel free to develop one. smiley
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 251 Posts
          HI There,

I’m fairly new to Modx but if I did want to create a front end manager specifically for streamlining the editing process for clients, where should I look?

Would learning Ext JS be the right starting point or does Modx have it’s own tools for this?

Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.

Cheers

• Quote from: cms at Nov 08, 2009, 10:26 PM

I’m fairly new to Modx but if I did want to create a front end manager specifically for streamlining the editing process for clients, where should I look?

Would learning Ext JS be the right starting point or does Modx have it’s own tools for this?
            For Revo you should learn the basic architecture and core code, especially the core processors, connectors, and security system. As for presentation for front-end administration, that would be 100% up to you. It would also be good to become familiar with packaging components for distribution and easy installation.

Learning ExtJS (and modExt, our extensions to ExtJS) is one way to go, but you should be able to create front-end administration tools using whatever JS library you want.
              • 4,149 Posts
              I personally would recommend jQuery for the front-end, as it’s lighter than Ext. Unless, of course, you want to use Ext Core, which is pretty light.
                shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                • 1 Posts
                Is anyone actually working on a QuickEdit for Revolution, and if not, are there any alternatives? I’m wanting to write a website for someone who is not particularly technical, and want to be able to get them to update the site themselves.
                  • 75 Posts
                  yes, QuickEdit or similar for Revo would be fantastic. It’s the only issue holding me back from migrating from Evo. Without a frontend manager Revo is essentially useless as a development platform for me as these days it seems clients all want to be able to edit their sites and many simply don’t have the skills or wish to master a backend manager. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not dissin Revo, it looks spectacular tongue
                  If I had the knowledge I’d write a frontend manager but thats not likely for another year at least (or more at the rate I learn!) sad
                    • 84 Posts
                    now that revo is out, i’d love to see quickedit for it, too.
                      • 36 Posts
                      Quote from: warenhaus at Jul 25, 2010, 08:53 PM

now that revo is out, i’d love to see quickedit for it, too.
                      +1