We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 428 Posts
    Quote from: mcpheron at Nov 03, 2010, 10:06 PM

I don’t much of any reason to choose/switch to modx without front end edit. Nobody seems to understand that. I have moved on already myself. I tried.

Did you try EasyEdit ? https://github.com/ministrycrm/EasyEdit
    It’s far from being the perfect front-end editor, but it shows great promises to replace QuickEdit/QuickManager.
      Intégrateur web freelance
      • 154 Posts
      Holy Cow! Who did that? I love him!
        • 154 Posts
        HELP! I’m trying to integrate this amazing EasyEdit thing -- but when I create the two Snippets [tt]EasyEdit[/tt] and [tt]ee-toolbar[/tt], modx keeps stripping away the [tt]<?php[/tt] at the beginning!

Also, I got to the point where I was able to ’edit’ a zone. But after clicking ’save’ the changes did not get applied. The resource went back to how it was before. Not sure if this is because of the above issue...

What’s going on?
        • Quote from: danzg at Nov 03, 2010, 11:31 PM

HELP! I’m trying to integrate this amazing EasyEdit thing -- but when I create the two Snippets [tt]EasyEdit[/tt] and [tt]ee-toolbar[/tt], modx keeps stripping away the [tt]<?php[/tt] at the beginning!

Also, I got to the point where I was able to ’edit’ a zone. But after clicking ’save’ the changes did not get applied. The resource went back to how it was before. Not sure if this is because of the above issue...

What’s going on?
          <php tags at the beginning? MODx always strips the beginning and ending php tags when saving a Snippet, so not sure what you mean.
            • 1,024 Posts

Thanks loads all developers of modx, but me to:

+1 I second all of yoo missing that QM in Revo.

Will try above solution.
              • 21 Posts
              Is there some installation guide available for the installation of EasyEdit?
              Or could someone tell me how I could install EasyEdit in Revolution.
                • 1,336 Posts
                There’s Frontpage now, at http://modxcms.com/extras/package/764, should hopefully help the users who want simple blog entry/user page management from the front end.
                  Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
                  • 8 Posts
                  Quote from: shamblett at Nov 22, 2010, 09:22 AM

There’s Frontpage now, at http://modxcms.com/extras/package/764, should hopefully help the users who want simple blog entry/user page management from the front end.

Shamblett, hats off to you for this package!!

Also, I’m having a little trouble configuring frontpage, I can create pages if i go directly to the "Frontpage Create" page, and it DOES add the page to my site, but the option to edit/create on the front end does not show up...any ideas?
                    • 1,336 Posts
                    Its almost certainly permissions, if you’ve not touched any of the out-of-the-box settings then whether or not you see the Create/Edit buttons boils down to the two permissions of ’save_document’ for edit and ’new_document’ for create, your front end web user must have these on your chosen pages to do both. Assuming you have a super-user user log in through the front end with it, you should see Edit/Create on all the pages.
                      Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
                      • 8 Posts
                      Well I’m guessing you’re right about the permissions...I wasn’t sure if it would work with a super user, but that’s what I’ve been logged in as the whole time and still no create/edit toolbar

[Update]: Was curious if it was other packages causing conflicts as I was testing this on my development site through my wamp server...just tried on a fairly fresh install as a super user, but still no luck