Loooong overdue, but here is a much-needed updated for the EditArea plugin...Best of all, it fixes many of the syntax highlighting issues, specifically in FireFox. EditArea Plugin is usable again!
( See below for complete EA changelog)
Download attachment from this post until updated package is approved in the Add-Ons section.
Updates to Plugin / Installer:
- Improved language support (added missing .JS files causing bloated error logs)
- Added Russian language support to plugin (thx MarSoft)
- Removed unnecessary checks during Install process (e.g. no longer requires config.inc.php to be writable, etc... thx MarSoft)
- Added missing "Text" syntax highlighting definition files (thx JUSI)
- Enabled the Syntax Selection list plugin by default (thx JUSI)
Quote from: "EA
**** v 0.8.2 ****
- Change back to remove the speed optimization for highlight process introduced in 0.8.1 that has too much bugs
- Syntax name are no more stored in language files but in syntax files. Those display names will be used only if the compressor tools is used, otherwise syntax code is displayed
- Activate word-wrap feature for opera > 9.6
- Bug fix: Selection wasn’t correctly remembered between file tabs
- Bug fix:  Page up and page Down action are no more executed if Alt touch is pressed
- Bug fix:  UTF-8 encoded URLs return wrong base URL
- Bug fix:  Unresolved reference to isIE in elements_functions.js
- Bug fix:  get_IE_selection bug when closed...
- Bug fix (but not applicable due to change back) : [2854519, 2854642, 2792217, 2834579 ] Desynchronization occurred with <, > and & characters