We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,611 Posts
    You’ll get that error if you try to upload an image that requires more memory to process than your PHP installation allows. If you can change the PHP configuration, then you could increase its memory allowance. However more likely you’ll just need to do what I do: Make your images a bit smaller in Photoshop before you upload them (on my servers, I find that images over 2 megs or more than 2000 pixels wide or tall almost always crap out).
      "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
      • 14 Posts
      Is it possible to share galleries with same webgroups so that EVERYONE in same webgroup can edit ALL pics, not just the ones they own. I really need this cause the galleries have multiple editors. And when I put all editors in the same gallery they can still only edit the pics they uploaded themselves.

I really BADLY need this. Anyone have experience with this please?

I need to know if it is even possible to do it. I have tried everything from setting permissions on every user so that they can edit everything on the website but still no luck..

Or if there is a small workaround by editing the code.
        • 4,213 Posts
        Quote from: Zyles at Oct 24, 2006, 07:55 PM

Is it possible to share galleries with same webgroups so that EVERYONE in same webgroup can edit ALL pics, not just the ones they own.

Or if there is a small workaround by editing the code.

Change line 547 in snippet code

from this:
        $rs1=$modx->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . $pics_tbl . " WHERE gal_id='" . $pageinfo['id'] . "' AND own_id='" . $modx->getLoginUserID() . "' ORDER BY " . $mgconfig['order_by'] . " " . $mgconfig['order_direction']);

to this:
        $rs1=$modx->db->query("SELECT * FROM " . $pics_tbl . " WHERE gal_id='" . $pageinfo['id'] . "' ORDER BY " . $mgconfig['order_by'] . " " . $mgconfig['order_direction']);

I’ll put some "super web admin" and "super webgroup" parameters to the next version where you can define webusers / webgroups who should see all pics..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 49 Posts
          Ouch-- anther problem.
          ModX cant make a dir for pictures 2 upload. Is this because of the server settings??!

[tt]« MODx Parse Error »
          MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
          « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
          Error: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Unable to access assets/galleries/70/
          Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
          File: /opt/web/clients/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx.lv/htdocs/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(705) : eval()’d code
          Line: 359

Parser timing
          MySQL: 0.0257 s s (10 Requests)
          PHP: 0.0737 s s
          Total: 0.0995 s s[/tt]
            • 4,213 Posts
            Quote from: moire at Oct 26, 2006, 08:03 AM

Ouch-- anther problem.
            ModX cant make a dir for pictures 2 upload. Is this because of the server settings??!
            Have you set correct permissions to the assets/galleries folder? (CHMOD 777)

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 14 Posts
              doze: Thanks a lot! Works great.
                • 380 Posts
                I followed the directions but it seems when I click the manage pictures button it just brings me to the same exact page. nothing changes.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
                • Are you sure the snippet is called uncached [!MaxiGallery...!]
                    Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                    Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                    Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                    • 380 Posts
                    My mistake, I look for help too quickly sometimes. It turns out once I set some variables it started working correctly. once I entered the following it worked.

[!MaxiGallery? &display=`embedded` &embedtype=`slidebox`!]

But now I am having a thumbnail issue, but I opened a new post for that...

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,8479.msg59784.html#msg59784

Thank you everyone for your time and help with all of my problems.
                      • 7 Posts
                      Hi everybody
                      I’m new in web administration

Have just question: when i’m trying to create a new snippet called "MaxiGallery" and paste the contents of maxigallery.txt to it, i’m getting an Error, saying "Service Temporarily Unavailable. The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. "

Trying 1 day.. Same problem..
                      Was trying to copy not all, by parts..
                      Saving till the middle of the file, when adding more - same Error appears..

What it can be?
                      How to get out of this?

Need to create photo gallery..

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.