We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 74 Posts
    Yeah I agree...it would be a great module if it worked.

It installed great, but once you try to subscribe it does nothing.
      • 166 Posts
      you have to change prototype.js in subscript.php in mootools.js
      <script src="/assets/modules/temailer/js/mootools.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

The only thing is miss in this module, is the javascript check for empty fields and mail validation.

Do you guys have a problem with hotmail? When i sent a newsletter, it comes in the junk folder and it’s plain text.
      When i mail it to a other mail adress (non-hotmail), it comes in my inbox and with the correct html view.

maybe an idea for the next release, to create a link to the online version of the newsletter.
      So ppl with html disabled, can also view it?
        • 74 Posts
        I’ll give it a try again and let you know if it works!
          • 74 Posts
          DNA- This might be naive, but are you newsletters using inline CSS? Just from my limited understanding of coding newsletters, it’s best to use inline styling vs. attaching a stylesheet or putting it into the header. Hotmail and other email systems often strip out quite a bit of css stuff.

Here’s a free guide by Mail chimp:

http://www.mailchimp.com/articles/email_marketing_guide/

Thanks for the tip again...works great now. Likewise, I would have liked to see some sort of validation, as well as a few other things, like: no JS library requirement (adds too much overhead and potential conflicts), list segmentation, basic tracking, & themeable forms.

• 166 Posts
            it is using inline. With a newsletter you can’t use an external stylesheet.
            But this is all generated by TEMailer.
            The weird thing is dat hotmail doesn’t view it good, but a paid domain views it correctly.
              • 74 Posts
              Weird...i suspect it’s just a hotmail thing then. How about google? Does it display correctly? There must be some CSS property that hotmail removes.
                • 166 Posts
                it’s not that. The sender is just unknown.

headers from hotmail:
                X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTA7YT0wO0Q9MjtTQ0w9Ng==
                X-Message-Status: n:0
                X-SID-PRA: Gast.nl Nieuwsbrief <[email protected]>
                X-Message-Info: XXXXXX
                Received: from tanis.proserve.nl ([193.242.119.80]) by bay0-mc7-f22.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2668);
                Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:10:24 -0700
                Received: (qmail 24251 invoked by uid 48); 4 Jun 2009 18:10:23 +0200
                Date: 4 Jun 2009 18:10:23 +0200
                Message-ID: <[email protected]>
                To: [email protected]
                Subject: Test mail
                MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 From: XXX.nl Nieuwsbrief <[email protected]>
                Return-Path: [email protected]
                X-OriginalArrivalTime: 04 Jun 2009 16:10:24.0449 (UTC) FILETIME=[F7BE9B10:01C9E52E]

correct mail:

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
                X-Original-To: [email protected]
                Delivered-To: [email protected]
                Received: from mx-i.b-one.net (mx-i.one.com [91.198.169.56])
                by mail6.b-one.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8C687160
                for <[email protected]>; Thu, 4 Jun 2009 18:10:24 +0200 (CEST)
                X-Virus-Scanned: by one.com
                X-Greylist: from auto-whitelisted by SQLgrey-1.7.4
                Received: from tanis.proserve.nl (tanis.proserve.nl [193.242.119.80])
                by mx-i.b-one.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 5191E8407
                for <[email protected]>; Thu, 4 Jun 2009 18:10:24 +0200 (CEST)
                Received: (qmail 24247 invoked by uid 48); 4 Jun 2009 18:10:23 +0200
                Date: 4 Jun 2009 18:10:23 +0200
                Message-ID: <[email protected]>
                To: [email protected]
                Subject: Test mail
                MIME-Version: 1.0
                Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
                X-Antivirus: AVG for E-mail 8.5.339 [270.12.53/2154]

also, DAMN IT!!! Just sent a test mail to a lot of visitors, just because i thought the list was only with a couple of names.
                But the scrollbar is so on the far right, that i coudnt see, i had more subscribers...
                I only had disabled a couple for a test mail...now i have sent the mail to a dozen of ppl sad
                  • 74 Posts
                  Doh! I wish I could be more help. Unfortunately, I’m a much better designer than programmer. Maybe you’ll have some luck contacting the author directly?
                    • 110 Posts
                    Quote from: transeffect at Nov 06, 2008, 09:14 PM

Quote from: danthach6 at Sep 14, 2008, 04:43 PM

Quote from: smashingred at Mar 17, 2008, 11:25 AM

I had the same problem. This include_once(../../../manager/includes/config.inc.php) won’t work. If you go to /assets/modules/temailer/unsubscribe.php and hard code your path this should work. I also think it may work if you change the call to the following (but I haven’t tested it) include_once($modx->config[’base_path’].manager/includes/config.inc.php) I am not sure if it will get the $modx variable without having gotten the config.inc.php file but I think it should work since the page should be called via MODx first.

I hard coded the correct directory, but now I have a different error in my unsubscribe snippet. can anyone help please?

PHP error debug
                      Error: 	include_once() [function.include-once]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration	 
                      Error type/ Nr.: 	Warning - 2	 
                      File: 	/home/content/c/o/b/cobroker1/html/assets/modules/temailer/unsubscribe.php	 
                      Line: 	2	 
                      Line 2 source: 	include_once("http://www.brianquigley.com/manager/includes/config.inc.php");

I can’t say for sure, because it was my business partner who wrote the code, and not me, but by the nature of the error itself, it looks like you cannot include a URL, so maybe take out the http://www.brianquigley.com and put in something like /home/content/c/o/b/cobroker1/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php instead?

I also wanted to dop a quick note that, due to our client’s demands, we made some modifications to the script. The client has an email list of over 2,000 people now, and of course, he is limited by his web host, so he cannot send that many emails out at once, and also he was getting MYSQL errors on his server, because godaddy’s virtual dedicated servers are terrible and have no memory, so we have amended the script so that it divides the ~2,000 emails needed to be sent into blocks of 10 (or 25, or 43, or whatever the user wants), and spaces out the number of blocks of emails over a period of time, so it takes about 30 minutes to send out all ~2,000 emails, but the server no longer runs out of memory, and he doesn’t violate his web host’s terms of service for number of emails sent out at once.

I know other people have modified our script, but I’m wondering if anyone is interested in this new functionality, and would like to see an update released?

Thanks to everyone for their work on this, and their compliments and support of this module! I know that we haven’t been here much to support it, but it’s great how other people have picked up some of the slack, and I hope that we can keep contributing here.

I could really use this release, was it ever posted, I can not tell?
                      Sal Sodano
                      President & Co-Founder of SkyToaster
                      My Website Salscode.
                      • 65 Posts
                      Hi All,

I just did this (in unsubscribe.php):

include_once(MODX_MANAGER_PATH.’/includes/config.inc.php’);
                      include_once(MODX_MANAGER_PATH.’/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php’);

Which seemed to fix the unsubscribe error. smiley

Still can’t get the Subscribe to work - Nothing seems to happen when the "Sign Up" button is clicked, but if you are logged in, the address does get added to the database. If you are not logged in nothing happens at all. In IE I receive this error:

Line: 61
                      Char: 6
                      Error: Object doesn’t support this action
                      Code: 0

Sending to Hotmail is OK for me.