We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 697 Posts
    Thank you forroses666. Setting the parent folder ID in the module configuration solved the problem.

Then, I installed the version that you suggested for groups and added users to two different groups (1 and 2).

The module is very nice and the newsletter is being sent, but to all groups. Also, in the TE Mailer module, I could not see anything relating to groups, excepted the group numbers when editing the mailing list.

In the 1.5 beta version, I can see some "lang" folder for internationalization (although I could not see where to set the language).
    There is no "lang" folder in the version for groups.
    It would be nice to merge the branches of the fork.
      • 1,613 Posts
      Never had that before, sending to all groups.
      When you select a group before sending is the number of subscribers correct?

Langfile attached, I have manually changed allot of text and css to fit it to my needs in all files.

ps.
      - The subscribeform I use an iframe because of the mootools and js conflict.
      - The unsubscribe resource needs to be uncached.

Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
        • 697 Posts
        When you select a group before sending is the number of subscribers correct?

Sorry for the late answer, but there is no possibility to select a group. I tried again by installing the version coming in the archive you attached (i.e. temailer_groups_update.zip"). I cannot sea any way to manage groups.

Can someone post a screenshot of the manager with the feature to manager groups, and provide the file to manage groups inside the module?
        Thanks. [ed. note: Jul last edited this post 8 years, 11 months ago.]
          • 1,613 Posts
          See attach
            • 1,613 Posts
            you need these db tables see attach

the installer in my zip does have this code:
            $sql = "CREATE TABLE `" . $table_prefix . "temailinggroup` (

Looking further I see the /inc/header.php file doesn't have a group tab.
            sorry for that. I think I need to add another zip with correct files but because these are modified maybe you can grab it from here:
            http://forums.modx.com/thread/38391/support-comments-for-te-mailer?page=11#dis-post-218316

just rename your /modules/temeailer/ folder and upload that one of bwente
            [ed. note: fourroses666 last edited this post 8 years, 11 months ago.]
              • 697 Posts
              @fourroses666: Thanks you very much for the screenshots; they confirmed me that I don't have the correct version of the module, although the installer was ok to create the table containing groups.

I followed the link in your post and tried to download the archive "temailer.zip" by user bwente; but the link is dead.

Could you possibly attach in a zip a version of the module, even if translated?
              The fact that the module was modified and translated (I assume in Dutch) would not be a problem, as I'm used to working with softwares in miscelanneous languages and editing code. I'm planning to translate the module in French.
                • 1,613 Posts
                You could overwrite your folder with this one attached.
                Overwrite because its missing a couple of files like subscribe.php
                I don't have access here on the best version I've made.

It could need some little improvements but I'm not able to do.
                Like send thankyou e-mail on subscribe, verification, the email list grid is a bit buggy sometimes with refreshing and a couple of other things. I don't like to have the page open till all is send.

But it works pritty good overall.
                Good luck and let me know if your having any problems.
                [ed. note: fourroses666 last edited this post 8 years, 11 months ago.]
                  • 697 Posts
                  Wow, the module works fine now! Thanks a lot!
                  As I upgraded the folder using the version TEMailer 1.5, I had to also copy the MYSQLPHPGrid folder from TEMailer 1.0.

As the web site uses utf-8, I observed a nano issue if you have accented characters in group names, but it will be easy to correct, by switching the correponding soure files from Ansi to UTF-8. I'll do it.
                    • 1,613 Posts
                    Can you tell what files needs to be changed and how?
                      • 697 Posts
                      @fourroses666: I assume the files inside the MYSQLPHPGrid folder, but I don't have the time to do it now.

I currently have a strange new issue: the newsletter is sent but is received without any content. (Topic and sender are correclty set however.)
                      This occurs with all versions of TEMailer that I have (1.0 and 1.5, with and without groups). I checked the source of the email and there is no content. I also tried using a blank template, without more success. Any idea what could be wrong?