We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Hi,

I.ve got the mudule working and it’s really great! But I’ve got one problem. After the newsletter is send and I want to unsubscribe using the automatic generated link there is an error:

Error: include_once(../../../manager/includes/config.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
    File: /usr/home/deb3757n4/domains/xxxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/site/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(769) : eval()’d code
    Line: 2

How can I solve this?

Cheerz!
    • I had the same problem. This include_once(../../../manager/includes/config.inc.php) won’t work. If you go to /assets/modules/temailer/unsubscribe.php and hard code your path this should work. I also think it may work if you change the call to the following (but I haven’t tested it) include_once($modx->config[’base_path’].manager/includes/config.inc.php) I am not sure if it will get the $modx variable without having gotten the config.inc.php file but I think it should work since the page should be called via MODx first.

Author of zero books. Formerly of many strange things. Pairs well with meats. Conversations are magical experiences. He's dangerous around code but a markup magician. BlogTwitterLinkedInGitHub
        • 22 Posts
        hi to all,
        i have a problem, if i’m not logged to the manager, i can not subscribe to the newsletter. Is it normal?

Thank for the answers.....
          • 15 Posts
          Quote from: smashingred at Mar 17, 2008, 11:25 AM

I had the same problem. This include_once(../../../manager/includes/config.inc.php) won’t work. If you go to /assets/modules/temailer/unsubscribe.php and hard code your path this should work. I also think it may work if you change the call to the following (but I haven’t tested it) include_once($modx->config[’base_path’].manager/includes/config.inc.php) I am not sure if it will get the $modx variable without having gotten the config.inc.php file but I think it should work since the page should be called via MODx first.

I hard coded the correct directory, but now I have a different error in my unsubscribe snippet. can anyone help please?

PHP error debug
            Error: 	include_once() [function.include-once]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration	 
            Error type/ Nr.: 	Warning - 2	 
            File: 	/home/content/c/o/b/cobroker1/html/assets/modules/temailer/unsubscribe.php	 
            Line: 	2	 
            Line 2 source: 	include_once("http://www.brianquigley.com/manager/includes/config.inc.php");
            • 75 Posts
            Quote from: danthach6 at Sep 14, 2008, 04:43 PM

Quote from: smashingred at Mar 17, 2008, 11:25 AM

I had the same problem. This include_once(../../../manager/includes/config.inc.php) won’t work. If you go to /assets/modules/temailer/unsubscribe.php and hard code your path this should work. I also think it may work if you change the call to the following (but I haven’t tested it) include_once($modx->config[’base_path’].manager/includes/config.inc.php) I am not sure if it will get the $modx variable without having gotten the config.inc.php file but I think it should work since the page should be called via MODx first.

I hard coded the correct directory, but now I have a different error in my unsubscribe snippet. can anyone help please?

PHP error debug
              Error: 	include_once() [function.include-once]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration	 
              Error type/ Nr.: 	Warning - 2	 
              File: 	/home/content/c/o/b/cobroker1/html/assets/modules/temailer/unsubscribe.php	 
              Line: 	2	 
              Line 2 source: 	include_once("http://www.brianquigley.com/manager/includes/config.inc.php");

I can’t say for sure, because it was my business partner who wrote the code, and not me, but by the nature of the error itself, it looks like you cannot include a URL, so maybe take out the http://www.brianquigley.com and put in something like /home/content/c/o/b/cobroker1/html/manager/includes/config.inc.php instead?

I also wanted to dop a quick note that, due to our client’s demands, we made some modifications to the script. The client has an email list of over 2,000 people now, and of course, he is limited by his web host, so he cannot send that many emails out at once, and also he was getting MYSQL errors on his server, because godaddy’s virtual dedicated servers are terrible and have no memory, so we have amended the script so that it divides the ~2,000 emails needed to be sent into blocks of 10 (or 25, or 43, or whatever the user wants), and spaces out the number of blocks of emails over a period of time, so it takes about 30 minutes to send out all ~2,000 emails, but the server no longer runs out of memory, and he doesn’t violate his web host’s terms of service for number of emails sent out at once.

I know other people have modified our script, but I’m wondering if anyone is interested in this new functionality, and would like to see an update released?

Thanks to everyone for their work on this, and their compliments and support of this module! I know that we haven’t been here much to support it, but it’s great how other people have picked up some of the slack, and I hope that we can keep contributing here.
              • 1,010 Posts
              Don’t even ask! smiley Just release.

• 2 Posts
                Please release the updated version! This would be perfect for me with the added functionality of sending out in smaller blocks.
                  • 1 Posts
                  I got this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method: mysqlphpgrid->updatedata() in /homepages/12/d244079519/htdocs/gateway/assets/modules/temailer/edit.php on line 15

I am new to this thing and need some help. I am operating with php4, so I made the changes that previous post had recommended.

What do I do?

jw
                    • 1 Posts
                    I really TEMailer simplicity ...
                    Anyway, I just installed it and everything was working fine....
                    I sent out some e-mails to my mailing list without a problem...
                    After a certain time, I had this problem :
                    " WHEN I TRIED TO SEND OUT MORE E-MAILS, TEMAILER TELLS ME THAT MY MESSAGES WERE SENT SUCCESSFULLY, BUT THE E-MAILS ARE NOT RECEIVED BY RECEPIENTS IN THE MAILING LISTS OR IN THE TESTMAIL"

I really don’t know where to look, any help will be of great use...

Thanks in advance...

Peace & Luv,
                    Jack
                      • 147 Posts
                      Just installed TE Mailer on a Linux server running MODx 0.9.6.3. I am having a few issues and hope that someone can help me out here:

1. I can not seem to subscribe names /emails via the subscription form unless the site is being viewed while logged in as an admin.

2. When logged in as an admin, you can subscribe members, but there are no restrictions on what qualifies as ’legitimate’ entries. So, for example, you can leave both the Name and Email fields blank, click the ’Sign Up’ button, and a blank record actually gets entered into the database. How is this to be corrected?

3. Although records are getting entered into the DB, when you go to the TE Mailer module interface and click on ’Edit Mailing List’, no subscribers are listed.

When working properly, I know that TE Mailer is a great add on. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.