We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 358 Posts
    Sarah, in your call you are specifying the built in table web_users. The meaning of the &useTable parameter is to specify an extra table that you have created by your self, like web_users_my_extra_table.

I don’t actually remember if an extra table is required, but you could try leaving out the &useTable parameter to see what happens. Or of course, create an extra table and put the name of that one in the &useTable parameter.

Let me know if you get it to work! smiley

/Uncle68
      • 358 Posts
      Charliez, could you not just use the MemberCheck snippet to display different chunks depending on what web user group the user belongs to?

That way you could put different forms in your chunks and display them when the user should have access to them.

Perhaps like this:

Chunk one:
      - Some info

Chunk two:
      - Some info
      - Some more info

And so on...
        • 164 Posts
        hey uncle,

thanks for your response. it’s still not working. i created a table with one field email that’s a varchar(50) it’s called web_users. i’ve used this snippet once before and i remember i had to change a line of code in it but i can’t remember what it was exactly. but long story short it’s still not working and i don’t know what to do.

any help would be great.

cheers,

sarah
          • 358 Posts
          Sarah,

I’m not sure what the problem could be, but i must ask again:

The web_users table is the original table for storing web user data. And now you say you have created a custom table with the same namn. That should not be possible! huh Am I missing something here?

Are you sure you haven’t managed to delete the original table for web users? That sure would make ppp not to work, it would also make the web user system not to work at all! tongue

Another question, do you get a blank page when trying to access the admin page, no error messages? If you get a blank page, is it empty without any content, or is it just the ppp stuff missing?

Sorry if these are stupied questions, but before trying to find the problem we need to rule out the obvious. smiley
            • 164 Posts
            hi uncle,

the web_users table is called modx_web_users and it’s still working. i have a new table called plain old web_users. the modx_web_users table has data in it for the web_users.

the page just has no content. it just displays the header.

sarah
              • 358 Posts
              Hi again Sarah,

I see a problem here. PPP will prefix the table name specified by the &useTable parameter with the prefixed used in the installation, usually "modx_". When you specify &useTable=`web_users` as you did, PPP will try find a table named "modx_web_users", and that is the standard web users table (that should not be specified in the &useTable parameter).

Try create a new table by just change the &useTable parameter to for example `web_users_extra`, ppp will then create a new table in your database called "modx_web_users_extra".

If we are lucky this was the only problem and it will now work.
                • 925 Posts
                Uncle68, remember when you gave me the id/internal key fix?

It seems that with the fixes to eFreg, if someone applies that fix, and has users deleted (therefore offsetting the id/internal key values), PPP will "merge" users together.

So Line 68 must have be like this...

$results= $modx->db->select('*', $table, 'id= '. $ppp_userId, "", "");
                  My Snippets
                  -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                  • 74 Posts
                  I’m a bit in a hurry to implement some sort of webuser customization, but still haven’t used PPP.
                  From what I could gather scanning this post, it’s stable now but it requires some fixes which are scattered on this and other threads.

Could someone using PPP on their sites point me to the most recent stable version of this?

Normally I’d sift through the posts, but as I said, I need to make a decision fast.

Thanks.
                    Got Music? Try XSPFjukebox - Skinnable MODx Media Player
                    • 925 Posts
                    Quote from: joeindio at Jul 27, 2007, 09:40 AM

I’m a bit in a hurry to implement some sort of webuser customization, but still haven’t used PPP.
                    From what I could gather scanning this post, it’s stable now but it requires some fixes which are scattered on this and other threads.

Could someone using PPP on their sites point me to the most recent stable version of this?

Normally I’d sift through the posts, but as I said, I need to make a decision fast.

Thanks.

If you want to see a demo of what it can do on a major website, try mine.

Anyways, the most recent version is the one you’ll need to use (0.3 Beta). That post I made above was just for a fix he made for me that didn’t work as planned. It’s not something that’s changed in the core code. And the only thing you’ll need to watch out for is 1) If you use the absolute paths in ModX (like /site/section/content.php), you’ll need to add / marks in certain forms to get it to work correctly, and 2) If you want PPP to use stuff like check boxes/radio boxes/etc., I posted how to do it a few pages back.

BTW, if you do use PPP, look at eFreg. Uncle68 fixed the issues that script had, and it’s working just fine on my site, last time I checked. smiley
                      My Snippets
                      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                      • 74 Posts
                      Thank you soshite, I’ll try it and let you know. Nice site, by the way!
                        Got Music? Try XSPFjukebox - Skinnable MODx Media Player