We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    Quote from: joeindio at Jul 28, 2007, 10:02 AM

Thank you soshite, I’ll try it and let you know. Nice site, by the way!

Thanks. I hope PPP works out for you. smiley
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
      • 925 Posts
      I’ve ran into an issue --- but I dunno if this is due to PPP or EForm...

In Opera (have to use it, since I use the AdminCP in Firefox), when I view the page that a user edits their account in, the "Bio" section, as well as anything with checkmarks, do not have the text/checkmark for the field selected.

However, if I made an error, it will show them selected. Any idea why it’s doing this?

EDIT: Weird...if I leave the Bio field blank and edit my profile, the script wipes it out from the database. I wonder why it’s doing that?
        My Snippets
        -> PopUpChunk v1.0
        • 36 Posts
        EDIT: Weird...if I leave the Bio field blank and edit my profile, the script wipes it out from the database. I wonder why it’s doing that?

I get the same behaviour when navigating to edit profile - With mine, the comment field (from web_user_attributes table) is erased.
          • 925 Posts
          I thought of an idea this morning.

Say I have some fields for fanlistings/clubs that a user is a member of (this could be done by non-game websites, with something else), which I will have the fanlisting be a link when they choose it. Now, right now in PPP, I would have to make it like so...

<a href="http://www.thisisafakeurl.com">Fake Fanlisting</a><br />

Obviously, it needs the line break, since if the user picked multiple ones, you would have them all next to each other and look very unprofessional. So, my idea comes into play, since even if it’s not there, the browser "sees" the link, but since the URL and description isn’t there, it doesn’t output a visible link.

Is there a way to make a group of fields a sort of "array", where it only inserts it in if it’s used, and doesn’t even do if it not? Now, I could technically get rid of this issue by putting the URL and everything as the value PPP uses, but if the fanlisting/club changes their URL, I’ll have to do a MySQL search and replace each time that happens, plus fix the value on the account editing page.

My Snippets
            -> PopUpChunk v1.0
          • Hi there,

Before I ask my question, is there a separate PPP forum anywhere?

I’m using PPP for some simple user accounts and I wanted to display a Member List that shows everybody who’s signed up to the site so far, which is displayed in date order having the newest member at the top...

Does anyone know a way of doing this?

Thanks, Mallmus
              MODX Ambassador for Thailand. Managing Director at Monogon, a web design and development studio based in Bangkok, Thailand. - Follow me on Twitter.
              • 114 Posts
              check out the ShowMembers snippet. Might be good place to start.
                • 925 Posts
                Quote from: Mallmus at Aug 12, 2007, 01:47 AM

Hi there,

Before I ask my question, is there a separate PPP forum anywhere?

I’m using PPP for some simple user accounts and I wanted to display a Member List that shows everybody who’s signed up to the site so far, which is displayed in date order having the newest member at the top...

Does anyone know a way of doing this?

Thanks, Mallmus

This is the only PPP topic, since the script is technically Beta still.

I think you could do more advanced stuff (like show X # of users in 15 min.) with PHx, so maybe you might be able to do it that way.
                  My Snippets
                  -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                  • 26 Posts
                  I accidently just posted this in eFreg:

Some more updates, now on the user editing/listing side:

//Will rewrite so that only fields (placeholders) that are in the template chunk will be seleced in the query
                  			if (!EMPTY($tableToUse)) {
                  				$sql = 'SELECT u.username, a.*, c.*, g.*, n.*, au.lasthit FROM ' . $table_users . ' u';
                  				$sql .= ' INNER JOIN ' . $table_attrib . ' a ON u.id = a.id';
                  				$sql .= ' INNER JOIN ' . $table_wg . ' g ON u.id = g.webuser';
                  				$sql .= ' INNER JOIN ' . $table_wg_n . ' n ON g.webgroup = n.id';
                  				$sql .= ' LEFT OUTER JOIN ' . $table_au . ' au ON u.username = au.username';				
                  				$sql .= ' RIGHT OUTER JOIN ' . $table_custom . ' c ON u.id = c.webuser';
                  			} else {
                  				$sql = 'SELECT u.username, a.*, g.*, n.*, au.lasthit FROM ' . $table_users . ' u';
                  				$sql .= ' INNER JOIN ' . $table_attrib . ' a ON u.id = a.id';
                  			}

Replaced with:
                  //Will rewrite so that only fields (placeholders) that are in the template chunk will be seleced in the query
                  			if (!EMPTY($tableToUse)) {
                  				$tables = 'a.*, c.*, g.*, n.*';
                  				$finalJoin = ' RIGHT OUTER JOIN ' . $table_custom . ' c ON u.id = c.webuser';
                  			} else {
                  				$tables = 'a.*, g.*, n.*';
                  				$finalJoin = '';
                  			}

$sql = 'SELECT u.username, ' . $tables . ', au.lasthit FROM ' . $table_users . ' u';
                  			$sql .= ' INNER JOIN ' . $table_attrib . ' a ON u.id = a.internalKey';
                  			$sql .= $finalJoin;

Using a.id instead of a.internalKey threw off the results, and I made it a bit simpler to change things in the future.
                    • 925 Posts
                    Does that fix the Profile editing issues or something?
                      My Snippets
                      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                      • 26 Posts
                      It fixes the display of users. Using the old query I was getting two users back - NULL and siteadmin (default admin, id=internalKey=1). If your internalKey gets thrown off from the id, then you’ll need this (I think). smiley