We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    Great news everyone! I finally figured out how to get Checkboxes to work in PPP!

<td align="left" width="50%"><label accesskey="A" for="mysh_member" class="label">mySymphonic Member</td>
     <tr>
      <td align="left" width="50%"><input type="checkbox" name="mysh_member" id="mysh_member" value="mySymphonic Member" eform="mysh_member::0" /></td>

Normally, value would be the [+valuehere+]. But in a checkbox, we aren’t inputting a value --- we have to "check" a value.

So we need to think opposite --- value gets the text you want to appear in the custom table, and everything else must be the name of the custom table you made. I’d assume select boxes/drop-down boxes work the same way.

(That code was from my site, BTW. You don’t need all of that --- just take what you need.
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
      • 114 Posts
      Hello folks. PPP is looking like the perfect solution to an upcoming project. I have a couple questions for that anyone who’s been using this snippet that would help me get an idea of whether or not to reinvent the wheel.

Does PPP ________

1. properly function in latest stable version (0.9.6 at time of this post)?
      2. have the ability to support 500-750 users?

Thanks for any input, I’ll most likely be firing off more questions as this gets underway.
        • 898 Posts
        I had used ppp on the .96 svn (alpha/beta) but have not tried it on .96

I am using ppp on one site with 200 new accounts per week and it’s working fine.
          Chuck the Trukk
          ProWebscape.com :: Nashville-WebDesign.com
          - - - - - - - -
          What are TV's? Here's some info below.
          http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,21081.msg159009.html#msg1590091
          http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14957.msg97008.html#msg97008
          • 925 Posts
          I’m running 0.9.6 and it works fine.

I only have about 50 users right now, so I can’t vouch on a high number, but I’d assume it works fine.
            My Snippets
            -> PopUpChunk v1.0
            • 114 Posts
            Sounds good, I’ll go with PPP. I’ll try to document/report how it goes - thanks for the helpful input. =]
              • 358 Posts
              Now there is a new snippet snippet (eFreg) that could be used to enable input to ppp tables at register time.

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,15674.0.html
                • 925 Posts
                Using the textarea call in EForm, I made a section for people to have a bio (little place to put a few paragraphs about themselves). But for some reason, any HTML or like breaks (ENTER key) go away, and it become all one big paragraph. Anyone know how to fix that (I’m assuming EForm is parsing out the HTML/breaks)?
                  My Snippets
                  -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                  • 2,204 Posts
                  in eform you need to add &allowhtml Set to 1 to allow user to enter html tags. Defaults to 0

Dimmy
                    follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                    • 964 Posts
                    I wonder if somebody can help me by telling me if I can do the following using PPP:

I want to have just one profile for a customer but have three chunks of info on the
                    profile. Depending on the level of membership of the customer would be the number
                    of chunks that she/he can edit, view.

For example: a free membership will show the first chunk of fields with only basic info.
                    The basic membership will allow view/edit rights for chunks one and two. ANd the
                    premium membership will allow rights to all the chunks...

Thanks in advance for the help... and if there is another better way to do this will be
                    greatly appreciated...

Carlos
                      MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
                      • 164 Posts
                      hi,

i am not getting any display with my ppp snippet.

this is the call i’m making:

[[ppp? &adminListPH=`1` &addFields=`1`&useTable=`web_users`]]

this is on the admin page and i’m not getting any display

any help would be great!

cheers,

sarah