We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,975 Posts
    Does ppp allow file uploads other than avatar images?
      Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
      • 925 Posts
      Quote from: zi at Aug 22, 2007, 09:21 PM

Does ppp allow file uploads other than avatar images?

IIRC, it uses EForm, so as long as you specify the correct field, it *should* work. I haven’t tried it, though.
        My Snippets
        -> PopUpChunk v1.0
        • 3,975 Posts
        I got the basics working.

1. Is there "pagination" available? I tried to find in the code for some clues but couldn’t find it.
        2. If I re-submit a new file, I got this:
        This form was already submitted succesfully. There is no need to submit your information multiple times.

but files get uploaded anyways.

regards.
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
          • 925 Posts
          The "form already submitted" error is due to a setting in the EForm call. I forget which value does it, but I think it has to do with the "check" to make sure a e-mail form isn’t sent twice.

This occurs with any value that is set to 0, aka an optional field. Also, enable the HTML setting if you plan to use a "Signature"-type field, since line breaks won’t work without it (you’ll get the old WALLOFTEXT’D text).
            My Snippets
            -> PopUpChunk v1.0
            • 229 Posts
            I need help with this!

I am newer to MODx, and am wanting to use PPP for a couple of sites as I like the functionality it seems to have to be able to create fields, etc.

Can someone explain to me in relatively simple terms how PPP works with eForm to make things happen? I am digging into the PHP coding side of both of these snippets in an effort to learn PHP and mySQL, so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

One question that I have is the email functionality for eForm. Does PPP rely on that for anything?

Thanks in advance for any simple explainations of how these two work together!

One site that I am creating right now is for my church and they want a "members profile" area. This area would allow our members, via secured login for members only (webusers), to modify their own profile information, and view the other profiles. I would like to be able to allow them to browse, search by name, zip, etc., and possibly even be able to print the contents of the members directory to keep at home (or export as .pdf). I know these are maybe big plans, but not sure where to start or how to figure this out.

Like I said, I am newer to PHP and am using these two snippets to help me learn more about it.
              • 925 Posts
              Quote from: ejcross at Aug 25, 2007, 01:08 PM

I need help with this!

I am newer to MODx, and am wanting to use PPP for a couple of sites as I like the functionality it seems to have to be able to create fields, etc.

Can someone explain to me in relatively simple terms how PPP works with eForm to make things happen? I am digging into the PHP coding side of both of these snippets in an effort to learn PHP and mySQL, so any help here would be greatly appreciated.

One question that I have is the email functionality for eForm. Does PPP rely on that for anything?

Thanks in advance for any simple explainations of how these two work together!

One site that I am creating right now is for my church and they want a "members profile" area. This area would allow our members, via secured login for members only (webusers), to modify their own profile information, and view the other profiles. I would like to be able to allow them to browse, search by name, zip, etc., and possibly even be able to print the contents of the members directory to keep at home (or export as .pdf). I know these are maybe big plans, but not sure where to start or how to figure this out.

Like I said, I am newer to PHP and am using these two snippets to help me learn more about it.

IIRC, EForm is used to set data to the fields created by PPP (the custom ones), as well as the default MODx values. Just think of it like this --- instead of having data sent to an e-mail, it’s sent to your MySQL database with EForm. This is also why you need to set HTML in EForm’s snippet call, so Bios/Signature/etc.’s don’t show up as a walloftext’D in PPP.

I know that it talks about how to show all of the users in one of PPP’s documentation files. You can even set it so, let’s say, you can show everyone ZIP by having a custom field in PPP named zipcode (I forget if MODx has a default field for this or not), then put zipcode in the PPP memberlist call (you’ll understand when you look at the docs). My website shows off this ability, so if you want to see how it does it in action, just check out our userlist, and that should give you a good visual idea of how it’s supposed to work.

I dunno if there’s a way to make a .pdf right now, but printing shouldn’t be that hard by using TemplateSwitcher to change to a printer-friendly template+CSS.

I hope that helped you out. smiley
                My Snippets
                -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                • 229 Posts
                Ok, thanks for that! So eForm takes the information that it is sent from PPP and then puts it in the db? And then you use PPP placeholders to "layout" the page showing the information on a certain page? I hope I understand this correctly.

As for the .pdf issue, isn’t there a way with PHP to create a .pdf file or is that a snippet or another program that I would need. I have seen several sites that will allow you to print, email the page, or save as a .pdf. I can’t remember where I saw this, but I know it’s possible.

Thanks for the great help there!
                  • 358 Posts
                  Hello PPP users!

You’ve probably already seen it: There’s a new snippet that can do almost everything PPP can, and lots of things PPP can’t: WebLoginPE

I haven’t tried it yet, but I will asap!

It was fun making PPP, but from now on I would recommend using WebLoginPE instead of PPP (if you don’t have any specific reasons not to).

/Uncle68

• 925 Posts
                    Do you know if it has the options to sort users by certain fields (like having a website or a MSN handle), or a way for admins to edit selected profile items that regular members can’t access (that’s part of the reason I’m using PPP, since my website has "Achievements" that only admins can add)?

I’m using it right now to replace the default MODx WebLogin snippet, so I know how it works. I just need to know if it can do what PPP could.
                      My Snippets
                      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                      • 358 Posts
                      Soshite,

There are some functions that exists in PPP that are not in WebLoginPE yet, but I guess that Dr SD will add new stuff to his snippet, it seems to be developed in a fast rate...

The user listing in WebLoginPE snippet doesn’t have much of options at this moment, but if we ask for new features maybe they will be added! smiley

The reasons for me to recommend WLPE are that the coding is light years better than PPPs, and also that I guess it will grow to a complete "Community Builder".

You could always wait for a while to switch to WLPE, PPP seems to work pretty fine on your excellent site! smiley

I’ll install WLPE soon and test it...