We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 25 Posts
    Quote from: Gaia at Apr 03, 2006, 06:36 PM

Hi,

I installed this module, then uninstalled it ( and the plugin ) and when i try to login/register with my SMF forum, all it does is display the SMF header and footer and none of the body?

Is there some other setting that this bridge modifies that I need to change back? I tried overwritting the SMF /sources/ and Themes/default/ files and that didn’t work, so im guessing it has something to do with Modx and the module?

Thanks.

I discovered by accident that there are some database fields you need to clear in order to regain control of SMF. You’ll need to go to your instance of PHPMyAdmin (or equiv. thereof), find the "smf_settings" table, and browse to the last page full of fields -- "integrate_pre_include", "integrate_pre_load", "integrate_exit", "integrate_validate_login", "integrate_register", "integrate_verify_user" -- all those need to be blanked out.

Re-enabling/installing the bridge module will re-connect those, so don’t worry about saving those values anywhere. (at least, it worked for me...)

Anyway, try that.

On a sort-of-related note ---

I want to use SMF’s user registration and verification system instead of ModX’s -- in particular I want to use email confirmation instead of the "good-to-go" state ModX does. Any recommendations of what to pick through in the module/plugin code that will let me do that, yet still synchronize accounts automatically?

• 216 Posts
      Quote from: Fellini at Apr 03, 2006, 07:00 PM

On a sort-of-related note ---

I want to use SMF’s user registration and verification system instead of ModX’s -- in particular I want to use email confirmation instead of the "good-to-go" state ModX does. Any recommendations of what to pick through in the module/plugin code that will let me do that, yet still synchronize accounts automatically?

Very early days for me, so I didn’t realise that modx registration is so basic. This is something I’d like to see too. Lets face it, simple registration is the excepetion these days.

I think you made a great choice, bridging to SMF, but as Fellini said "confirmation instead of the ’good-to-go state.’" - In fact, all the options that SMF offers would be great, as we all have different needs.
        • 1 Posts
        no matter how many time i enter my forum path and all other necessary data correctly, when i try to run the module i still getting an error saying my it cant recognize my forum’s file path. as much as i love smf and modx, will there ever be a phpbb bridge?
          • 93 Posts
          Quote from: macpose at Apr 04, 2006, 06:17 AM

no matter how many time i enter my forum path and all other necessary data correctly, when i try to run the module i still getting an error saying my it cant recognize my forum’s file path. as much as i love smf and modx, will there ever be a phpbb bridge?

Did you check your path with PhpInfo() at the system configuration --> View System Info --> PhpInfo() ?
            • 93 Posts
            Still having problems with the SMF bridge (login).

I can login on my site, but when going to my forum it says I should login. Clicking on the login-link in the forum headers redirects me back to my site, which says I am allready logged in.

What’ s the problem here, and how can I solve this?
              • 398 Posts
              logout ... close all browser windows and try again.... it happens to me "randomly"
                Armand Pondman
                MODx Coding Team
                :: Jot :: PHx
                • 93 Posts
                Quote from: bS at Apr 04, 2006, 04:14 PM

logout ... close all browser windows and try again.... it happens to me "randomly"

sorry, that isn’t a solution. It happens every time again... Even erased all history, cache, temporary internet files, cookies,... from my pc, but still no change...

The problem with login still excists.
                  • 398 Posts
                  have you changed password using SMF? This will also trigger this kind of behaviour.
                    Armand Pondman
                    MODx Coding Team
                    :: Jot :: PHx
                    • 93 Posts
                    Quote from: bS at Apr 04, 2006, 04:24 PM

have you changed password using SMF? This will also trigger this kind of behaviour.

Nope, i have not changed my password... Just a new install of MODx and SMF and then te bridge...
                      • 2 Posts
                      I am fairly new to ModX CMS and to modules. I am excited to know there is a forum now available. I am not sure, however, exactly how to install it. Do I simply download SMF to my root directory and then download the SMF bridge module for ModX? Once I have downloaded and installed SMF bridge, do I have to do something in ModX to get it to talk to SMF installed in a separate folder?

If there are any detailed instructions or an entry in the forum on how to get this all working, please let me know.

Thanks!