We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    There are instructions available for the installation of SMF on http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=2.0;sort=subject.

With the SMF-module comes also a .doc with additional information about how to install the module. I ’ve attached this document to this message...
      • 171 Posts
      Hello,

I try the SMF forum what is great and the bridge, I installed the forum on a different database than modx and when I run "synchronise uders" I have the following error.
      Execution of a query to the database failed - Acces denied
      huh

Is there an obligation to put smf on the same base of modx?
        • 216 Posts
        Ryan,

What are the chances of you assisting Fellini with his attempts to use the SMF registration instead, as it is far more developed than the Modx one? Or are you definitely sticking with the Modx registration system for the bridge?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.
        • I’ll definitely be sticking with the MODx one for now. This is a stopgap measure on it’s way to 1.0 folks, just keep that in mind wink
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 3,975 Posts
            Quote from: xeres at Apr 09, 2006, 03:08 PM

Hello,

I try the SMF forum what is great and the bridge, I installed the forum on a different database than modx and when I run "synchronise uders" I have the following error.
            Execution of a query to the database failed - Acces denied
            huh

Is there an obligation to put smf on the same base of modx?

No obligation, you can use same or 2 separate databases. You should check you Db host/user/password to make sure that they are correct.

regards,

zi
              Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
              • 345 Posts
              It looks like SMF has some pretty advanced user profile/permission database stuff. How hard would it be to integrate or replace the MODx user profile system with the SMF.

In other words break out the user profile logic (or it’s best parts) and let it become the MODx user profile system. Then the actual SMF snippet would be purely for forum managment. Let MODx manage the user data and permissions completely. Rather than as it is now with separate user systems. The same integration might also go for Gallery 2 when it get’s it’s snippet.

Is that kind of stuff hard to do or would it be easier to just start from scratch? I’m not much use when it comes to straight up programming.

• Search for an IMAP authentication snippet here. It’s entirely doable.
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 216 Posts
                  I use SMF, and the permission system is excellent. Think of something you’d like to achieve, no matter how bizarre, and you can likely achieve it with SMF permissions.
                    • 93 Posts
                    Quote from: Gust at Apr 04, 2006, 11:16 AM

Still having problems with the SMF bridge (login).

I can login on my site, but when going to my forum it says I should login. Clicking on the login-link in the forum headers redirects me back to my site, which says I am allready logged in.

What’ s the problem here, and how can I solve this?

Any idea’s on how to solve this problem?

In "users online", i can see that the users which i try to login on the forum is online, but i am not logged in on the forum...
                      • 356 Posts
                      When clicking the administration center link i get this error

: Table ’modx.smf_sessions’ doesn’t exist
                      /path/smf/Sources/Load.php
                        SMF Bookmark Mod - check it out
                        http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=350