We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • At long last, allows you to sync your SMF user system with the MODx webusers and run the SMF administration system inside the MODx manager.

NOTE: please make sure you are running MODx 0.9.1 or later and SMF 1.1RC2. Earlier versions of SMF will not work and this may need to be updated once SMF 1.1 is released from release candidate state.

You can also download a .zip version here.
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 160 Posts
      THANK YOU!!! And you’ve already been BLOGGED on this.
        "I’d love to change the world but I can’t find the source code . . ."

Custom ModX Templates
        • 25 Posts
        Hooray! I was just about to figure out how to properly beg and plead for access to the test version of this so I could start implementing the features my users are grumbling about! grin

That said, now I have no excuses for not implementing the features my users are grumbling about... :’(
          • 283 Posts
          Cool, ModX is now more and more powerfull grin

Little question to install : HOW TO configure "the forum base path" if ModX and SMF are not on the same sub-domain ?

ex: Modx http://www.mysite.org and SMF http://forum.mysite.org (the directory of SMF is not a subdirectory of http://www.mysite.org)

Edit : I found the solution alone tongue. I used the php_info (in the manager) to have the real path.

Remark : In the configuration panel, the password for the administrator of SMF is visible !!! Not very secure shocked
            • 333 Posts
            Great rthrash ! This is one of the best module! laugh
              Sorry for my bad English grin
            • Don’t thank me, thank Raymond (xwisdom). smiley
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 333 Posts
                Thanks Raymond wink
                  Sorry for my bad English grin
                  • 40 Posts
                  Thanks to ALL participated people for this great Module
                  and especially thanks to UncleBen31 for the tipp to use the php_info for the complete path
                  Great CMS, great functions...

LeftHanded
                    I love ModX!
                    • 113 Posts
                    Could someone please tell me what’s wrong? I’m getting the following errors:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: smf_registermember() in /home/ccwmorg/public_html/assets/modules/smforum/smf.sync.class.inc.php on line 114

and

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: smf_loginbyid() in /home/ccwmorg/public_html/assets/modules/smforum/smf.admin.class.inc.php on line 36

when running the 2 options in the module. The include smf_api_1.1.php is being read, but apparently not seen properly as code. For instance, a test "echo" statement in that file shows parse error, unexpected T_ECHO.
                      • 160 Posts
                      My pledge donation has been made via the donations link up top . . . THANKS!

Okay, now what’s next on the wishlist that we can get motivated like this . . .
                        "I’d love to change the world but I can’t find the source code . . ."

Custom ModX Templates