We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 283 Posts
    Quote from: Fellini at Mar 27, 2006, 04:36 PM

Regarding logout, it would appear that you always need to login and logout with MODX. Which means you need to set the Module’s "Login page" and "Logout page" as required. Using the out-of-the-box test site as an example, that would be document ID#4 for both. That makes the main SMF toolbar login/logout buttons redirect to the MODX login/logout page.

And do NOT use the "quick login" on the SMF templates!

Thanks to studying the problem smiley, but if you watch the modxcms.com site, there is no login/logout page. If you want to post a comment on the blog, you have to login first (with the login page of the SMF forum). And I’ve no problem to login or logout with the modX forum.

Is there anything to set or any hack to have the same behavior on my site ? huh
      • 398 Posts
      i’m feeling kinda ignored. Am i really the only one with the Run error?
        Armand Pondman
        MODx Coding Team
        :: Jot :: PHx
        • 283 Posts
        Due to the problem of logout (see before) I disable temporally the module. And when I create a new web User, he was added to my SMF users.

Is it normal to synchronize when the module is disable ?
        • you’ll need to disable the plugin too.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 3,250 Posts
            As requested by several members, here is a zip version of the files.

@Ryan: Can you add this to the first post. Thanks!
              • 398 Posts
              can someone please help me identify the "Hacking attempt" issue ?

edit: ok never mind.. seems that my Settings.php from SMF was altered by a package and included another file that was checking for
              a defined SMF variable and triggered a ’die’ command. Maybe something to take into account in the next release wink
                Armand Pondman
                MODx Coding Team
                :: Jot :: PHx
                • 93 Posts
                How can I disable the link redirecting from SMF to MODx?

When i log in on MODx, and then go to the forum, i am not logged in on the forum... When I then click in the forum on the "Log in"-link, the forum redirects me to the login page on MODx, which says i am allready logged in...

So i can’t log in anymore on my forum...
                  • 3,975 Posts
                  Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #28, 18 years ago
                  Quote from: bS at Mar 28, 2006, 01:26 PM

i’m feeling kinda ignored. Am i really the only one with the Run error?
                  Quote from: bS at Mar 30, 2006, 05:35 AM

can someone please help me identify the "Hacking attempt" issue ?

edit: ok never mind.. seems that my Settings.php from SMF was altered by a package and included another file that was checking for
                  a defined SMF variable and triggered a ’die’ command. Maybe something to take into account in the next release wink

Actually, you were not ignored in any means, the reason you got no reply so far is that none of us able to reproduce that bug. But it seems you figured out the problem yourself, glad to know smiley

Best wishes,

zi
                    Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                    • 96 Posts
                    Hi,

I installed this module, then uninstalled it ( and the plugin ) and when i try to login/register with my SMF forum, all it does is display the SMF header and footer and none of the body?

Is there some other setting that this bridge modifies that I need to change back? I tried overwritting the SMF /sources/ and Themes/default/ files and that didn’t work, so im guessing it has something to do with Modx and the module?

Thanks.
                      • 93 Posts
                      Quote from: Gust at Apr 03, 2006, 04:36 PM

How can I disable the link redirecting from SMF to MODx?

When i log in on MODx, and then go to the forum, i am not logged in on the forum... When I then click in the forum on the "Log in"-link, the forum redirects me to the login page on MODx, which says i am allready logged in...

So i can’t log in anymore on my forum...

After disabling the SMF-module, I was able to log in on the forum again (with the "log in"-form on the forum). What is the best way to integrate the forum on my site? Right now I am using a pop-up window... But when users click in the forum pop-up on register or login (when the module is enabled), the log-in or register form shows in the pop-up, which is not the intention.

So I would like to know if there is some kind of a wrapper for SMF? I’ve tried to integrate the forum with the wrapper-snippet from the snippet library from Etomite, but my site template couldn’t handle that.

I’ve also tried a grabber-snippet I’ve found on the MODx-forums, but that didn’t work either...

Thanks in advance!