We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    How did I miss that !

Off to testing right away and kudos for this much expected feature grin
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 242 Posts
      Hello david,

thanks for the compliment!

I’d file a bug report but not sure where to do that.
      coooool man! Just post it here or send it to [email protected] thanks a lot!
      Its a perfect timing, this week i will have some hours and i will use them to finish the next step.

SEND! ME! YOUR! BUGS!
      adios, Stefan
        • 4 Posts
        I really like this a lot.
        But I had some issues setting it up and I’d like to share those to help others having the same problem.
        Both issues seem to be linked to the fact that I am using modx on Xampp for windows.

First I wasn’t able to get the plugin event checkboxes to be saved. this wasn’t due to the plugin but to some issue in save_plugin.processor.php. I sorted that by modifying it. I also filed a bug report with the details and my solution MODX-536.

Second I had to set the rel_path setting to ’assets\plugins\content_history\’ ie: using backslashes instead of forwardslashes.

It seems to be working perfectly now.
        And I find it great. Thank you for sharing this.

little question/feature request: How difficult would it be to adapt it to also allow versioning of resources?
          • 242 Posts
          Hallo Ansgar,

thanks for your feedback!

I also filed a bug report with the details and my solution MODX-536.
          ups smiley but this has nothing to do with me? or? the plugin should hide the unnecessary checkboxes with js, just the needfull ones should appear!?
          It seems to be working perfectly now.
          cool, thats nice
          And I find it great. Thank you for sharing this.
          I have to say thanks for all the positive response. Thanks a lot guys! And iam not yet finish with it.("next days"... "next week"... yes i know but... yes... you know..)
          little question/feature request: How difficult would it be to adapt it to also allow versioning of resources?
          I dont know. Not at the moment. This point has no priority for me. I keep all this suff in the filesystem and control it via a local svn-repo.

hasta luego, Stefan
            • 4 Posts
            Quote from: stefan at Nov 28, 2008, 04:07 PM

I also filed a bug report with the details and my solution MODX-536.
            ups smiley but this has nothing to do with me? or? the plugin should hide the unnecessary checkboxes with js, just the needfull ones should appear!?
            this is correct. it has nothing to do with your plugin but i wanted to mention this as people might come up against it as I did when setting up the plugin. It’s when I tried to complete the setup for the content_history plugin that I noticed that i could not save a plugin event on any plugin.
            I keep all this suff in the filesystem and control it via a local svn-repo.
            Do you mean that you use an include for snippets that are actually on the file system? Is this also applicable to chunks, templates etc?
            I am just beginning with modx and I’d be glad for any pointers to best practices.

thanks
              • 956 Posts
              re: include from file-system:
              Check this thread for more infos: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,18872.msg161906.html#msg161906

oh, and if you want to store Ditto- and Wayfinder chunks in the file-system, you can easily do so. Just use @FILE binding:
              e.g. [[Ditto? &tpl=`@FILE assets/chunks/foo.tpl.html`]]
                • 1,624 Posts
                I’m not sure if you’re aware of this issue

When a document is deleted I get at the bottom of the edit page the following:

Warning: array_diff_assoc() [function.array-diff-assoc]: Argument #1 is not an array in /homepages/24/d242532432/htdocs/clients/erth/assets/plugins/content_history/inc/events/ondocformrender.inc.php on line 49

If I undelete the page the warning disappears

• 223 Posts
                  I keep getting this error when I goto edit the plugin (and it doesn’t appear to do anything when I save a document):

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ’<’ in /home/middle/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(745) : eval()’d code on line 1"

I think I uploaded everything correctly and followed the install instructions... any ideas?
                    Nick Hoag
                    Creative Partner
                    The FutureForward

http://thefutureforward.com
                    • 242 Posts
                    hallo presson,

one reason could be that you have copy the php-marker in the field "plugin-code"
                    this should be
                    include MODX_BASE_PATH.'assets/plugins/content_history/ch.plugin.php';

and NOT
                    <?php
                    ?>

solved?

ciao, Stefan
                    • Quote from: stefan at Dec 15, 2008, 06:53 PM

hallo presson,

one reason could be that you have copy the php-marker in the field "plugin-code"
                      this should be

and NOT
                      <?php
                      ?>

solved?

ciao, Stefan

I have my snippet as you have stated and received the same error as presson83 but it was only occasional. I think the issue was caused to snippets on the same page but using different tags [! [[ but might be wrong, I don’t have time right now to fully test it but I did get that error.
                        Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
                        AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart