We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • We’re definitely planning on improving the error reporting/notifications in the installer before GA. They are right now intended to provide visibility to assist when debugging, though most of the warning are simply because of upgrade scripts that are being run multiple times on the database (just to ensure the updates occur). They are in general, harmless, but could prove useful in diagnosing specific issues.

There is also an setup error log now that logs any errors in the process, also to assist in debugging problems. These will show up in core/cache/logs/ (or core/cache/MODX_CONFIG_KEY/logs) if any errors occur (other than not being able to write to the cache directory).
      • 884 Posts
      I have the beta and can’t seem to get the package manager to work.
      the docs here says:

Once you have a provider, you can connect to it by going up to the Packages grid, clicking "Add New Provider", and then select the "Select a Provider" option. This will bring up a dropdown of Provider options:

and I don’t see the "Select a Provide
        • 4,149 Posts
        Quote from: sinbad at May 31, 2009, 08:26 AM

and I don’t see the "Select a Provider

Are you going into System -> Package Management, then clicking on button in the toolbar that says "Add New Package", then checking the "Select a Provider" radio button?

Please also state your server environment, OS, browser, browser version, PHP/MySQL version, etc.
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 884 Posts
          when I click "Add New Package" nothing happen.
          tried with IE7/FF 3.0.10/Opera and Chrome

this is a local XAMPP install on windows xp with mysql 5.0.67-community-nt and PHP Version 5.2.9

I’ll make another install on my unix box and see if it works there.
            • 4,149 Posts
            Quote from: sinbad at May 31, 2009, 04:09 PM

tried with IE7/FF 3.0.10/Opera and Chrome

this is a local XAMPP install on windows xp with mysql 5.0.67-community-nt and PHP Version 5.2.9

I’ll make another install on my unix box and see if it works there.
            Do you get any JS errors in the browser when you click "Add New Package"?

Are you running Firebug, or any other FF extensions?

Revolution at this time does not support Google Chrome.
              shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 884 Posts
              Firebug returns this

A[C.xtype || D] is not a constructor
              Component()(Object xtype=modx-window-package-downloader grid=Object, undefined)ext-all.js (line 57)
              loadWindow()(Object initialConfig=Object text=Add New Package, Object browserEvent=Event blur button=-1 type=blur, Object xtype=modx-window-package-downloader grid=Object, undefined)modx.grid.js (line 149)
              getViewWidth()()ext-base.js (line 9)
              initComponent()(Object browserEvent=Event blur button=-1 type=blur)ext-all.js (line 87)
              h()()eventfix.js (line 192)
              getViewWidth()()ext-base.js (line 10)
              [Break on this error] Ext.ComponentMgr=function(){var B=new Ex...);Ext.reg=Ext.ComponentMgr.registerType;

• 4,149 Posts
                Quote from: sinbad at May 31, 2009, 05:16 PM

Firebug returns this

1. Don’t run firebug with any JS application, including MODx Revolution. Firebug is meant for development; not all-the-time-on usage. It massively slows down browsing speeds and applications.

2. It looks like some files are missing - did you install the traditional or advanced package? Try the traditional.
                  • 884 Posts
                  I’m aware to it slowing down js apps. I had it turned off but when you asked if it says an error I turned it on to get the error.
                  I am using the ’traditional’ not the advance.

I’ll try to reinstall and see if it fixes it.
                  thanks for getting back to me.
                    • 884 Posts
                    Ok fresh reinstall didn’t solve it either. still no response from the button.

I also just installed modx-2.0.0-beta-1on my host box and it doesn’t work there either. I do have http://modxcms.com/assets/provider.js as provider.
                    that box runs on CentOS with PHP 5.2.6 and MySQL 4.1.25-Debian_mt1

what sucks is that it used to work in the Alpha release and now I’m getting nothing.
                    when I check with Firebug the error I get the same error as above.

btw where can I find packages for Revo to download manually?
                    I want to go ahead even if I can’t get the package manager to work. I looked at the extras section but see there only 0.9.* releases.
                      • 1,336 Posts
                      Ok, just downloaded and installed the modx-2.0.0-beta-1.zip onto my windows test box(XAMPP) and the package selection works OK here, when you did a fresh re-insatll did you re-download the zip file? You can build packages manually from the components SVN repo at http://svn.modxcms.com/svn/modx-components
                        Use MODx, or the cat gets it!