We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 87 Posts
    Quote from: rthrash at Mar 17, 2006, 04:13 AM

Everyone will get to see it when it’s ready and in the interim get to enjoy a lot of knowledge transfer down into MODx post 0.9.2. smiley
    But we want to see it now! grin Well, I guess I can wait... Even with all the teasers and hype. smiley
      • 7,075 Posts
      Quote from: Mark at Mar 17, 2006, 04:57 AM
      Quote from: OpenGeek at Aug 05, 2005, 04:33 PM
      ;) I’ve seen the future, and it looks good...
      Ditto!

Yeah guys don’t worry, I’ve seen the future too and it’s look very good grin

Be patient, all good comes to those who wait...
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 204 Posts
        Quote from: BeeStar at Feb 03, 2006, 01:49 PM

Quote from: Whitefen at Feb 03, 2006, 11:31 AM

Actually, one of the things I really like about the name and logo of MODx is that it is so simple and neutral.
        [...]
        now I am certainly not looking forward to telling them that I want to use an open source solution called "Tattoo". undecided
        What’s wrong with MODx anyway? I think it is great and sounds both cool AND professional. wink
        Ditto. I like MODx, and Tattoo not at all.

I almost finished my migration of a Joomla site I build to MODx. I am so excited about MODx, that I will ditch Joomla and use MODx for all my sites! I cannot think of a better compliment for MODx than this!!

But please, no Tattoo!

Maybe we should open a thread asking for new names?

Bee

3rd and 4th that - modX is easy to remember, has corporate ’sex’ appeal, stands for modular and extensible which says a lot in just two words, it’s unique and non-gimmicky ... with ’tattoo’ I immediately get this picture of "tattoo you" (Rolling Stones) and mic jaggers decorated face on the front cover *shudder*.

"tattoo" on google

- tribal tattoo’s
        - tattoo’s and piercings
        - tattoo.com
        - military tattoo

"modx" on google

-modxcms.com (ah... home)

modx is a ’cool’ name for a great cms smiley

• 87 Posts
          I got the impression that the name was already decided?

At first I completely ignored MODx on opensourcecms.com - it just does not stand out in any way. It sounds like a project name. tongue Well, now that I know what it is and stands for, I guess it’s ok.

Tattoo is something from the "real world" - something that instantly creates associations. I think that is the biggest strenght of the "new name". Granted, not everyone likes tattoos, and it can be hard to get on the first page of Google...
          • The naming issues aren’t really up for debate any more, but feel free to continue your discourse if you so desire. wink
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 204 Posts
              Quote from: rthrash at Mar 25, 2006, 04:54 PM

The naming issues aren’t really up for debate any more, but feel free to continue your discourse if you so desire. wink

the threads confusing - so "tattoos" the new name, "modx" your departing ?
              • Tattoo is a work in progress, PHP 5.1 only future project.

MODx will always be around.
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 204 Posts
                  Quote from: rthrash at Mar 25, 2006, 05:10 PM

Tattoo is a work in progress, PHP 5.1 only future project.

MODx will always be around.

Thanks for the clarification !
                    • 9 Posts
                    Please excuse my confusion as I understand that modx and tattoo are two separate programs, however on just about every cms listing besides opensourcecms modx is cross branded with tattoo also. i.e. Tattoo (modx) seen here

http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix/cms-matrix?func=viewDetail&listingId=oW-mbKjdozUGOwC4nHXsRw
                    • Your confusion is excused! tongue

In due time all the marketing issues and messages will be cleaned up. For now, we’re focused on development and finding more coders. smiley

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.