We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 674 Posts
    this is realy this post for puting logos for all the comunity and in some time move to a special site for make more accesible, this is the idea like joomla comunity do, first is a post whith some works and before move to a end place
      Jabiertxof (formerly XYZVISUAL)
      My bussines: http://marker.es
      https://www.youtube.com/user/jabiertxof/videos
      • 109 Posts
      Personally I love the logo...but I’d prefer something a little more corporate/serious for Tattoo - first impressions count when trying to get clients onboard.

Any news on when we will switch brands? I’d like to get a domain up for the commercial gallery - it would make sense to do it under the new name.

Richard
        • 129 Posts
        Quote from: ricardosanX at Nov 18, 2005, 02:48 AM

Personally I love the logo...but I’d prefer something a little more corporate/serious for Tattoo - first impressions count when trying to get clients onboard.

Any news on when we will switch brands?  I’d like to get a domain up for the commercial gallery - it would make sense to do it under the new name.

Actually, one of the things I really like about the name and logo of MODx is that it is so simple and neutral. I plan on using MODx for my client sites and many of those sites are very corporate and at times open source an even be a tough sell, now I am certainly not looking forward to telling them that I want to use and open source solution called "Tattoo". undecided What’s wrong with MODx anyway? I think it is great and sounds both cool AND professional. wink
          "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
          -- Sydney Harris
          • 302 Posts
          Quote from: Whitefen at Feb 03, 2006, 11:31 AM

Actually, one of the things I really like about the name and logo of MODx is that it is so simple and neutral. I plan on using MODx for my client sites and many of those sites are very corporate ...What’s wrong with MODx anyway? I think it is great and sounds both cool AND professional. wink

Ditto. I’ve always thought that word "Tattoo" (even without any logo) conjurs up images of harley biker gangs, impulsive teenagers, sailors, and circus people. I’m not sure I would associate any of those with an aura that would be necessary for a good first impression among the "corporate/serious" clientele.
            Standard Disclaimer
            I could be totally wrong.
            • 59 Posts
            Quote from: Whitefen at Feb 03, 2006, 11:31 AM

Actually, one of the things I really like about the name and logo of MODx is that it is so simple and neutral.
            [...]
            now I am certainly not looking forward to telling them that I want to use an open source solution called "Tattoo". undecided
            What’s wrong with MODx anyway? I think it is great and sounds both cool AND professional. wink
            Ditto. I like MODx, and Tattoo not at all.

I almost finished my migration of a Joomla site I build to MODx. I am so excited about MODx, that I will ditch Joomla and use MODx for all my sites! I cannot think of a better compliment for MODx than this!!

But please, no Tattoo!

Maybe we should open a thread asking for new names?

Bee
            • Tattoo was decided on a long time ago. I once had to put up with my teenage son wearing an earring, so I suppose I’ll have to put up with this as well wink
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • 59 Posts
                Quote from: sottwell at Feb 03, 2006, 02:16 PM

Tattoo was decided on a long time ago.
                Is it Tatoo or Tattoo?

Bee
                • double-t
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • 205 Posts
                    Ryan

I wondered what the feedback might me to tattoo when I first saw the logo.

I realize a lot of time and effort has gone into the name but personally I am also sympathetic to the points being raised. I think I would have to agree that the combination of Tattoo and the overall logo design may not portray the ideal level of credibility in the business / commercial sectors.

I guess the point I am making is "If there was a need to change in the future, it would be a bigger job that changing now at this late stage" . Maybe its worth considering if the overall design and what is portrays is correct for you target audience by soliciting feedback. You could stick with tattoo and green but have a more businesslike feel to the design for example. Of course if everything is set in stone, then fair enough. I don’t which to ignite any debate if its a closed topic. For clarity maybe you could just re-confirm that the design is done and dusted and not subject to further review. Thanks
                    • Everything’s always open for disucssion, but a LOT of effort, thought, debate and justification has gone into what’s going to be revealed in the near future. It’ won’t please everyone, but that’s OK, because no one is paying us to do this stuff full time. wink
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.