We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    Quote from: rthrash at Mar 25, 2006, 08:07 PM
    In due time all the marketing issues and messages will be cleaned up.

Yes it will smiley

Once I am done with the marketing plan (soon), I intend to execute and set those things right ! What will help is me being able to spend less time on french support, since we now have more proficient users like Guillaume => I’ll have more time to focus on Marketing which is exactly what I want !
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 216 Posts
      Hi,

I understand that the name has already been decided upon, but I’m pretty much agreement with MODx being more corporate sounding, which is a plus. Anyway, having skipped to the end of this thread, I know understand that Tattoo will be for a separate project, so a new name makes sense. However, I’m not keen on "Tattoo".

Going back to MODx, although I prefer it, it doesn’t exactly trip of the tongue. It just doesn’t sound nice. - I think it would have been better named Modular-x. At the end of that day though, I imagine any effects caused by the actual name will be tiny compared with all the other things that will make something like this sink or swim.
      • Taken out of context, any name can seem very bad. wink
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 216 Posts
          I have an idea of what this might be, or have you already announced it? I did skip the middle pages of the thread! grin
            • 204 Posts
            When I first found modX I decided I didn’t like tattoocms as a choice of name for a variety of reasons. A few weeks have passed and I don’t mind it as much anymore - I think it sounds better with time smiley
              • 59 Posts
              Well i like MODx and i also like Tattoo. rolleyes
              Any sneak preview to the new site design ? tongue
                Be Smart, Think Free, Choose OpenSource
              • Not very likely ... tongue
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 59 Posts
                  Ok then an eta maybe ? rolleyes tongue
                    Be Smart, Think Free, Choose OpenSource
                  • Quote from: CoolGoose at Apr 13, 2006, 04:50 PM

Ok then an eta maybe ? rolleyes tongue

CoolGoose, current plans place Tattoo early access releases about 1 to 3 months after release of MODx 1.0. I’m working to coordinate and complete the foundation design for both, implement and release the MODx 1.0 version in 1 to 3 months time (complete roadmap to be revealed very soon), followed by the initial release of Tattoo.

The fact is, Tattoo is functioning already, but I am not satisfied with performance using the Propel-generated classes. To address this, I looked to PDO, and when I did, I discovered that not only could I implement the same features Propel offers with a small fraction of the code Propel generates, I also realized that the same thing could be applied to a PHP 4 environment, and thus MODx 1.0 will be featuring many of the design improvements already proven in the existing Tattoo prototype, and given priority over additional Tattoo development.

In the meantime, we have a pending 0.9.x series release coming any day now; we’re just finishing up some bug fixes, reviewing some additional contributions for inclusion, etc.
                    • Well dang, someone let the cat out of the bag...

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.