We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    Good point dimmy, even if personnally having an over-sized dedicated box (for my current needs) I hardly feel the difference...
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 2,204 Posts
      With only one css thats not to big maybe its not a problem I had a site that used 5 css files and I realy noticed a diff.

I do not know is cashing is posible for css files I think that it should work. the 2nd rease that i use internal css documents somtimes is when I use snippet calls in my css or when I use the alphatransparancy plugin for png files. But then i try to only put those lines in an internal css and leave the rest external (other thing is that external css are also cashed on the clients computer while internal css even when cashed on the host need to travel the internet to get to the client.
        follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
        • 7,075 Posts
        Woosh, I’ve been stickied grin
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 90 Posts
          For me the downside of using CSS as a Modx document is that i can’t unchange once i save it, i normally use bbedit and enjoy having the ability to save/unsave to test out the CSS, I also use the numbering of lines which comes in handy, this is perhaps better left to local testing and use the Modx CSS document for live server once the CSS has been finalized, it’s also a lesson for me to not do testing on a live server
          • Quote from: gspark at Feb 19, 2007, 05:05 PM

For me the downside of using CSS as a Modx document is that i can’t unchange once i save it, i normally use bbedit and enjoy having the ability to save/unsave to test out the CSS, I also use the numbering of lines which comes in handy, this is perhaps better left to local testing and use the Modx CSS document for live server once the CSS has been finalized, it’s also a lesson for me to not do testing on a live server

Check out our addition to the resources, the EditArea Plugin within MODx. You can have line references and syntax highlighting, etc, right in your browser:

Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
              MODx Ambassador / Contributor
              [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
              Verynice wink

I attempted the css via the instructions here exactly as is and the css doesn’t show up

does the Prefix for friendly URLs have to be something specific ?

css/style.css doesn’t work
              • Quote from: gspark at Feb 19, 2007, 07:11 PM

Verynice wink

I attempted the css via the instructions here exactly as is and the css doesn’t show up

does the Prefix for friendly URLs have to be something specific ?

css/style.css doesn’t work

Ok, first things first: Do you have your plugin setup properly so that you are getting syntax highlighting (as shown in image above) when editting a plugin, snippet, etc?
                  [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
                  I wasn’t refering to the plugin, only the using CSS via modx documents

re: editplugin i won’t be able to make use of this unfortunately because i use Safari browser and i turn off editors in order to edit via safari
                  • Quote from: gspark at Feb 19, 2007, 07:20 PM

I wasn’t refering to the plugin, only the using CSS via modx documents

re: editplugin i won’t be able to make use of this unfortunately because i use Safari browser and i turn off editors in order to edit via safari

Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Well, yes, the global FURL prefix would have to be "blank" in order for your CSS MODx doc to resolve as "style.css", otherwise it’d be something like "style.css.html"

I’d recommend using this StrictURL plugin (soon to be part of Future 0.9.7 MODx Core). I’ve published many MODx sites and won’t publish one without it!

This way, you can have more control over the display/generation of your FURLs...

Back to your problem though, did you change the doc type to text/css ? Keep at it, you’ll get it!
                      I’ve been trying to use my one css stylesheet as a modx document on a site i’m working on over at http://www.kauffmanmarketplace.com with no luck. It shows up fine in Opera...but it’s not showing the css in IE or FF. Weirdness. Any ideas anyone?