We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    No problem smiley , just a misunderstanding, I didn’t understand the meaning you were trying to convey...

Those things happen with written communication sometimes, especially when we all are from different native language tongue
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
    • Quote from: davidm at Jun 19, 2006, 08:23 PM

4. Edit the document’s alias, appending .css at the end, it will override the default .html extension (not necessary, it will work without this).

I am utilizing this technique as described in the MODx Wiki, and I have added .css to my alias, yet when the [~X~] completes, it comes through as "style_html.css.html". I am using MODX 0.9.5 RC2... any ideas??

UPDATE:
      If I remove the search engine friendly URL trailing extension (setting it blank), you can define your desired extension at the alias-level.
        Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
        MODx Ambassador / Contributor
        [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • If you’ve read http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Dynamic_CSS_with_TVs you’ll find that linking via this technique is the sole purpose.

However, I’ve just found what feels like a bug as a result. If I browse to a page that doesn’t exist, there is no Parent to obtain needed @INHERIT for the customCSS TV, resulting in unstyled 404 page! Has anyone found a work-around for this? I guess I could utilize an alternate template for my ErrorDocuments, but would love it if I didn’t have to!
            [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
            instead of using @inherit in your 404 document, enter a value for the tv that works?

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
            • Quote from: doze at Nov 07, 2006, 10:03 PM

instead of using @inherit in your 404 document, enter a value for the tv that works?

@doze,

LMAO...wow, it’s been a Loooong day! Doze, you’re awesome...that did it alright, and could MODx have made it any simpler?

Actually, I am curious to know if you know a way to prevent my SEFURL extension (.html) from showing up, especially since I declared "myAlias.css" as my alias...
              • Quote from: pixelchutes at Nov 07, 2006, 10:20 PM

Actually, I am curious to know if you know a way to prevent my SEFURL extension (.html) from showing up, especially since I declared "myAlias.css" as my alias...
                Not currently; in the future we’ll have it so extension is associated with the content-type being returned, but for now, the only approach I am aware of is to not use the FURL suffix .html at all, and include the extension in your alias for all documents instead.
                • Quote from: OpenGeek at Nov 08, 2006, 03:41 AM

Not currently; in the future we’ll have it so extension is associated with the content-type being returned, but for now, the only approach I am aware of is to not use the FURL suffix .html at all, and include the extension in your alias for all documents instead.

Yes, that would work. Good idea. Actually, I don’t have too many pages at all really, so it wouldn’t take long to go rename the existing aliases.

For those of you also considering this approach, here’s a quick and dirty way via SQL to force-append an extension on all of your aliases:

update modx_site_content set alias = concat( alias,'.html' ) where length( alias ) > 0

Simply run this, then remove your Friendly URL extension definition in MODx manager.

NOTE:
                  Running the SQL above will append extension to any defined alias. If you already have aliases with extensions defined, (e.g. style.css) they would then become (e.g. style.css.html) Keep that in mind so you can remember to filter them in the query, or update them manually should they exist.

Thanks, Open.
                    1 thing to remember is that all css files that are document in modx will be parsed all the time, this wil slowdown your site more then when you use the css external.

I like to use internal css when I am working on a new site but when we go live I wil make them into external css files. this way the speed increased noticable.

Dimmy
                      follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                    • Yes, very good point.

Were you able to set up Caching for your "internal" CSS files? I would think that if it wasn’t hitting the DB each time, and was pulling from a cached-file on the file system that the trade-off would be very similar.

Personally, I tried for a moment and didn’t seem to be able to get caching to work since [^s^] continually returned "database" huh