We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    No need to add those for the moment, but for IE just uncomment the lines I mention in the tutorial...

Other than that : great news, the [tt]AddType text/css .css[/tt] bit did work grin

Check this now :
    http://www.newclearview.co.uk/modx-0961p2/css/css-test.css

No more 404 error !

I removed the query string call to the css, now you only have the clean url CSS as document

Solved smiley
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 9 Posts
      Davidm where would I be without you?

Many many thanks. I would like to pay back the favour. I’m a big fan of Ubuntu/Xubuntu and I have posted some good HOWTOs on their forums.

Should you be someone who uses these operating systems or the like I would gladly spend time on helping you out, should you need it that is. My username there is the same as here, Sulligogs.

I admire your aspiration on getting this problem solved. I actually see now how it all links together and I tell you it is very interesting indeed!

Adios Amigo,

Sulligogs
        • 7,075 Posts
        Well, thanks for the offer smiley
        I am a happy Mac OS X user, but I have heard a lot of great things about Ubuntu !

Getting to the bottom of problems is a great way to learn, lots of time when you help out someone you learn valuable things along the way ! Plus more probably than not, solving this problem for you will help others with similar config enjoy CSS as MODx document smiley

Anyway, glad I could help.

We all need help, I know I frequently do here and I can’t count how many people have helped me when I was stuck... a good way to repay this is give back to the project by helping others, donating, or whatever way you can.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 1,024 Posts
          got it up and running on a local install. Cant seems to find out the path for eg backgroung images.
          Any tips? Actually trying to put a snippet call directly in the css, is that possible?
          something like this?

background: url([!SimpleSlideSHow?&folder=`foldername` &interval=`5` &width=`300` &height=`300`!])

Doesnt look logic to me but still?

Frank.
            • 7,075 Posts
            I received this PM from Sweta today but can’t answer since her PM box is full... plus, I’d rather answer support in the appropriate forums/thread, as it will help people with the same problem wink

Quote from: sweta.aggarwal at Jul 29, 2008, 08:02 AM

(...)

I am getting problem in MODx related to CSS, I have tried both ways(simple as well as treating CSS as MODx Documents.

but then also the HTML Page is not getting the style rules in it.

with the help of firebug I came to know that the CSS file is getting extension as file_name.css.html

I really dont know what is the problem that I am facing with.

Please if you can help me regarding this.

May be the problem is with some configuration setting or any other property of MODx.

(....)

I don’t have much time right now (tight schedule with clients) so if anyone has input to provide before I do (later tonight or tomorrow), shoot !

MODx est l'outil id
              • 2,204 Posts
              are you using friendly urls and paths?
              if yes add a / before the url
              did you set the documennt to blank?
              did you set the doctype to text/css?
              did you switch of richtext for that document
                follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                • 788 Posts
                The following setup works for me, using document id #41 as an example:

document with the css file as content = #41 (content is style declarations only, no <style> </style> tags)
                document properties:
                published
                template : blank template
                content type: text/css
                rich text: off

call in <head> of template:
                <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="[~41~]">

hope that helps smiley
                  xforum
                  http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution
                  • 2 Posts
                  IE6 (6.0.2900.3311) and CSS as a Resource.
                  MODx version = REVOLUTION 2.0.4-pl2

I was having endless difficulty getting this to work under IE6, I did:
                  - un-comment the last 4 entries in .htaccess
                  - used the @import style
                  To no avail, IE refused point-blank to load the CSS.
                  But, this worked fine in FireFox.

I then started playing with an image which was aliased using a static link that had the same problem.
                  Eventually I noticed that the published checkbox was not checked. I checked the publish.

WHAM ... works fine in IE6.

It works fine even not using the @imports method.

CHECK IF PUBLISHED IS CHECKED! wink

I wonder why it works in Firefox when the content is not "published".
                  • You were logged into the manager with Firefox?
                      • 51 Posts
                      I've been using MODX for over a year now and I never once thought of creating the CSS files for my sites using another resource (since I could upload and then edit the static CSS file from the Files tab).
                      I think I'll use this in future though, makes sense! smiley

Tom Dyer

Designer/Animator/Web Developer - England, UK.
                        http://www.bespokepixels.co.uk