We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: Uncle68 at May 29, 2007, 08:26 AM

Quote from: Mr. at May 28, 2007, 11:41 PM

I installed 0.9.6 today, and when I go to create a new user through the web signup form, for the blogs, it will not create a web user,
    it just pops up an error: "Missing user name. Please insert a user name"

This is a bug, see http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14253.msg97219.html#msg97219

Easy to fix (but hard to find out): just remove the wsu_ part of the names of the inputs in the template for the web signup.
    But when that is done you will have problems if displaying the websignup form at the same time as displaying the side bar login form because there is a naming conflict.

Sorry for this confusing answer, it’s early here tongue

I hope some one smarter than me will greate a new login system based on eForm, the current one is not really good. I tried to make a new one based on eForm, but came up with no good solution so far.
    Can one of you please turn this into a proper bug report and reference it back here? These inconsistencies should be fixed for an 0.9.6.1 patch release.
    • Quote from: gspark at May 29, 2007, 09:39 AM

Quote from: ZAP at May 27, 2007, 10:32 PM

Quote from: gspark at May 27, 2007, 10:30 PM

Document’s alias is not sticking, keeps going blank after you save
      That’s odd. I can’t reproduce it, either. Does this happen to you in more than one browser?
      I’m using Mac with the latest modx stable release 0.9.6 and have confirmed in Safari, Firefox and Camino that the document alias does not stick
      I need a proper bug report to track this one; please include precise steps to reproduce the problem (and as much relevant environment information as possible) so we can identify the problem source and resolve it as quickly as possible. Please reference the bug report back here.
        • 358 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at May 29, 2007, 07:36 PM

Quote from: Uncle68 at May 29, 2007, 08:26 AM

Quote from: Mr. at May 28, 2007, 11:41 PM

I installed 0.9.6 today, and when I go to create a new user through the web signup form, for the blogs, it will not create a web user,
        it just pops up an error: "Missing user name. Please insert a user name"

This is a bug, see http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14253.msg97219.html#msg97219
        Can one of you please turn this into a proper bug report and reference it back here? These inconsistencies should be fixed for an 0.9.6.1 patch release.

Added: #884
          • 315 Posts
          I have installed modx 0.9.6 as an upgrade and I have found this thread to fix the managers login box size problem. However I found that the managers forgot password link was missing. The code was in there but the system events were not ticked at all.

I also foundTinyMCE upgrade too and the system events were also unchecked.

Ajax search has stopped working completely and does not return any results nor does it use a landing form (I’ve previously tried updating Ajaxsearch and the same happening when running modx 0.9.5.

I check the prototype.js error on the show/hide effect and the files are identical, just for info.

I did notice that with Ajaxsearch it gave me a new plugin called "Search Hightlighting" whereas before I was using "Search_Highlighting" not sure if there is a relationship there. sad

I know this is probably not the way to post. Sorry. Pretty new to Modx but I do like it so and getting used to it slowly.
            BBloke
            • 90 Posts
            how to add a bug report ? do we have to register again on the bugs forum ?

Apparently this bug was already filed # 874 apparently the alias will work if set to UTF-8 character coding
            • Yes gspark, it’s not integrated with the forums registrations ... on the list of things to do someday.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 1 Posts
                Hey, what a great system this modX,
                I’ve set up a fresh install of 0.9.6 and I was impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Here are a few things I’ve found in a day playing with it:

• the (main ajax) menu does not accept the "first" style (also "last" on "modxtest.muddydogpaws.com"), though it can be found in the html code, FF inspector shows only "category" is done
                • the tinyMCE shrinks the media dialogs (picture, flash, Links, ...) to less than half width in FF, so they are unusable
                • the ajax search does not accept Umlaute (special chars) though modX and db are set (verified) to "utf8_general_ci" - the "normal search" does
                  (the thread about this from yoomai seems to fit only older versions of modx)
                • the search does not do in comments
                A hint to especially the search would make me a new fan of this great framework
                • Quote from: chucky at May 26, 2007, 07:05 AM

Hi !
                  i successfully upgraded modx 0.9.5 to 0.9.6, ( although i had to try twice because of an apache 500 internal server error )

there is a little bug i found, on the manager login page, the button is misplaced :

( maybe this occurs only with the french version )

I reported this issue earlier, it seems to be related to the "Forgot Password" link not showing up on the manager form. Whether the plugin isn’t installed, or whatever it is, when the forgot password link is present, the positioning is just right.

Update: In my research, I found out that no System Events where checked off for: Forgot Manager Login

Quote from: "Required

OnBeforeManagerLogin
                  OnManagerAuthentication
                  OnManagerLoginFormRender
                    Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                    MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                    [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
                    I have just upgraded from 0.9.5 to 0.9.6 and am having problems with the missing "Forgotten Password" link from the manager login page, but mainly i am having issues with using TinyMCE when i am either adding a new page or editing an existing one.

I am using IE7, and it will just display a javascript "error on page". Only the basic "standard" toolbar is loaded at the bottom of the text box with bold, italicise, underline, strikethough, undo, redo, cleanup messy code, bullet list and numbered list and thats all.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: I have chosen a different theme and it adds more options to the toolbar etc, so thats obviously not the problem - but am still geting this javascript error when using it. If i set my user default editor to "None" it works fine editing in plain text with no js errors. As soon as i switch to TinyMCE it starts loading and i get JS errors - i can then not actually use the rich text editor as it wont let me make fonts bold for example or use any of the buttons on the toolbar. Plus if i try to edit a page it just loads a blank textbox.

EDIT #2: I noticed i had a "tinymce" folder in my "plugins" aswell as a "tinymce2111", so deleted the old "tinymce" folder with no luck, still not working giving JS errors.

EDIT #3: Tried in Firefox2.0 and it works fine, can edit pages and add pages using TinyMCE. But with IE i get this error:

• 315 Posts
                      Quote from: akadama at May 27, 2007, 10:52 AM

MODx 0.9.6 Issues with Mootools ?
                      Style List (show/hide) in <your_site>/index.php?id=32 return js error’s too.
                      //edit: Like said for the RC3.
                      //edit2:
                      el.removeEvents is not a function
                      http://<site>/manager/media/script/mootools/mootools.js
                      Line 2

Element.getStyle is not a function
                      http://<site>/manager/media/script/scriptaculous/prototype.js
                      Line 1192

I bet your java error is the same as above which you can get to see with firefox when you use firebug addon.

I did trace the js error down to Element.getDimensions and not getStyles. getDimensions is called before getStyles and the function contains getStyles.. and I know that makes no sense.!! :-/
                        BBloke

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.