We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: OpenGeek at May 28, 2007, 04:49 PM

NOTE: Please only post in this thread clearly identified issues and errors. If you are unsure what is going on still, start a thread to explore that before posting in this thread, once you know what the issue is and that it is an issue specific to 0.9.6.

@Mproject: I can’t reproduce this problem on any upgrades or new installations I’ve performed. Can you provide more information about the steps you took? And have you made sure to clear your browser’s local cache? Firefox especially likes to hold on to old versions of js and css files at times that can cause some wierd conflicts following an upgrade if you don’t clear the cache first.
    I installed fresh version od modx on a new server.... I cleared cache several times and even restarted my computer... but I still don’t see QE on the site
    Till now, i Used 0.9.6 RC1 and it was all fine...

P.S. seems to be the CSS problem, so I am sorry....
      BASE - Web Design Studio
      MODX Ambassador

Website
      • 3 Posts
      I installed 0.9.6 today, and when I go to create a new user through the web signup form, for the blogs, it will not create a web user,
      it just pops up an error: "Missing user name. Please insert a user name"

has it always done this? because I never had the opportunity to sign up a web user with 0.9.5, nor use the blog feature.

I even get the same error on the installation from opensourcecms

I don’t understand why its doing this sad
        • 1 Posts
        AjaxSeach doesn’t display this string in utf-8 like the others (like defined for all the site).
        Cliquez ici pour voir tous les résultats.
          • 358 Posts
          Quote from: Mr. at May 28, 2007, 11:41 PM

I installed 0.9.6 today, and when I go to create a new user through the web signup form, for the blogs, it will not create a web user,

This is a bug, see http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14253.msg97219.html#msg97219

Easy to fix (but hard to find out): just remove the wsu_ part of the names of the inputs in the template for the web signup.
          But when that is done you will have problems if displaying the websignup form at the same time as displaying the side bar login form because there is a naming conflict.

Sorry for this confusing answer, it’s early here tongue

I hope some one smarter than me will greate a new login system based on eForm, the current one is not really good. I tried to make a new one based on eForm, but came up with no good solution so far.
            • 90 Posts
            Quote from: ZAP at May 27, 2007, 10:32 PM

Quote from: gspark at May 27, 2007, 10:30 PM

Document’s alias is not sticking, keeps going blank after you save
            That’s odd. I can’t reproduce it, either. Does this happen to you in more than one browser?

I’m using Mac with the latest modx stable release 0.9.6 and have confirmed in Safari, Firefox and Camino that the document alias does not stick
              • 3 Posts
              I have the same problem: the alias doesn’t stick - in all browsers...
              Obscure Error: Second argument is not an array. in ..../manager/processors/save_content.processor.php on line 859

SOS
              Robert
                • 3 Posts
                No, that´s not...

now following error (really the same as before):

Warning: strtr(): The second argument is not an array. in .../manager/processors/save_content.processor.php on line 859

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at .../manager/processors/save_content.processor.php:859) in .../manager/processors/save_content.processor.php on line 563

after change the save_content.processor.php with the old one of 0.9.5. there are no errors - but i didn´t go into the deap...

• 3 Posts
                  Quote from: Uncle68 at May 29, 2007, 08:26 AM

Quote from: Mr. at May 28, 2007, 11:41 PM

This is a bug, see http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,14253.msg97219.html#msg97219

Easy to fix (but hard to find out): just remove the wsu_ part of the names of the inputs in the template for the web signup.
                  But when that is done you will have problems if displaying the websignup form at the same time as displaying the side bar login form because there is a naming conflict.

Sorry for this confusing answer, it’s early here tongue

I hope some one smarter than me will greate a new login system based on eForm, the current one is not really good. I tried to make a new one based on eForm, but came up with no good solution so far.

I got it fixed without any conflicts with the sidebar login by just changing only the values in websignup.inc.php to the same that are in the FormSignup chunk.

starting at line 28:
                   $username = $modx->db->escape($modx->stripTags($_POST['username']));

to
                   $username = $modx->db->escape($modx->stripTags($_POST['wsu_username']));

line 30:
                   $email = $modx->db->escape($modx->stripTags($_POST['email']));

to
                   $email = $modx->db->escape($modx->stripTags($_POST['wsu_email']));

line 31:
                   $password = $modx->db->escape($modx->stripTags($_POST['password']));

to
                   $password = $modx->db->escape($modx->stripTags($_POST['wsu_password']));

Then at line 72:
                   if ($_POST['password']!=$_POST['confirmpassword']) {

Change to:
                  if ($_POST['wsu_password']!=$_POST['confirmpassword']) {

hope this helps laugh
                  • Reminder:

NOTE: Please only post in this thread clearly identified issues and errors. If you are unsure what is going on still, start a thread to explore that, then once you know what the issue is and that it is an issue specific to 0.9.6, post here and link back to the discovery thread or a proper bug report.
                    • Quote from: ZAP at May 26, 2007, 08:48 PM

Yep. I actually see the problem in my English installation as well. I wonder what changed that made this box too small for its contents.
                      Their is an include file defined that contains support contact information. This default used to be included and displayed on the login page (manager/includes/support.inc.php), but since it was converted to a placeholder, it was never placed on the new login.html pages that are in each manager theme. If you add [+SupportInfo+] to your login.html, right after the [+OnManagerLoginFormRender+] placeholder, this will show the support include and should solve the mystery as to why the submit button is going outside the box.

You simply provide a file at manager/includes/override.support.inc.php to have the login form include a custom support message instead of the default MODx one.

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.