We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    Quote from: netProphET at Sep 06, 2007, 02:30 AM

The manager has some javascript that runs on a timer, pulling an image from the server every so often, to keep the session alive. I think that’s what you’re seeing. It’s been an annoyance for me before in Firefox as well.

That makes sense. I thought it might have been something like that.

It’s just annoying in Opera, because it makes the arrow turn into the "Loading in Background" arrow, which makes text hard to see at times. If this isn’t a Opera-related issue, maybe in 0.9.7/0.9.6.1, MODx could make it so doing the "keep alive" Javascript doesn’t activate the loading arrow?
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
    • Quote from: Soshite at Sep 06, 2007, 02:56 AM

It’s just annoying in Opera, because it makes the arrow turn into the "Loading in Background" arrow, which makes text hard to see at times. If this isn’t a Opera-related issue, maybe in 0.9.7/0.9.6.1, MODx could make it so doing the "keep alive" Javascript doesn’t activate the loading arrow?

0.9.7+ will not have a "keep alive" javascript; database-persisted sessions will allow for much more reliable, and less annoying extended sessions, configurable through system settings.

As for 0.9.6.x releases, if you or anyone else can come up with a fairly simple way to do so, we’ll certainly be glad to include it.
        • 925 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Sep 06, 2007, 05:26 AM

Quote from: Soshite at Sep 06, 2007, 02:56 AM

0.9.7+ will not have a "keep alive" javascript; database-persisted sessions will allow for much more reliable, and less annoying extended sessions, configurable through system settings.

As for 0.9.6.x releases, if you or anyone else can come up with a fairly simple way to do so, we’ll certainly be glad to include it.

w00t, nice to hear that.

I don’t have enough Javascript/etc. know-how to do that, but someone else might.
          My Snippets
          -> PopUpChunk v1.0
          • 925 Posts
          Sorry for posting AGAIN...but I found a non-critical, but "styleish" type of error.

This only appears to happen in Opera 9.50 Alpha. On the Manager login page, a scrollbar appears, even though there’s no text or anything that would warrant it to appear.

When someone logs into their Manager account, that scrollbar stays, which puts that scrollbar and the one for the right-hand IFrame together. If I press F11 to go to "Full Screen" mode, and go back to normal mode again, the scrollbar goes away and it appears like it should be.

This might be a issue that will go away once Opera 9.50 goes to Beta/RC status, though. If it stays in the final version, I’ll report about it.
            My Snippets
            -> PopUpChunk v1.0
            • 925 Posts
            It seems the latest Weekly from Opera 9.5 got rid of the "keep alive" issue that caused the page to keep refereshing. The scrollbar bug is still there, however.

And it seems this also fixed Opera’s bug about the "active" cursor icon, plus MODx seems to be running at a faster pace than it normally does.
              My Snippets
              -> PopUpChunk v1.0
            • Thanks for the heads up Soshite. I’ll be grabbing the latest version then.
              :-)
                Mike Schell
                Lead Developer, MODX Cloud
                Email: [email protected]
                GitHub: https://github.com/netProphET/
                Twitter: @mkschell
                • 925 Posts
                Quote from: netProphET at Sep 18, 2007, 12:35 AM

Thanks for the heads up Soshite. I’ll be grabbing the latest version then.
                :-)

The only thing is that this weekly has some issues, such as the Wand function being broke (it will run old saved Wand passwords, but can’t save new ones). Unless you are prepared to have some issues due to it being Alpha software, I’d recommend waiting till the Beta/RC versions come out.

However, these Alphas have yet to crash for me, so it’s decent stable, IMO.
                  My Snippets
                  -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                  • 36 Posts
                  My manager translation doesn’t seem to work. I created a croatian.inc.php in manager/includes/lang and selected it in tools->configuration->site. The login page for manager shows translated but when you enter into manager everything is in English. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
                    • 958 Posts
                    @krypto
                    Try to apply the language for both front and back ends and see whether it works?
                    rename english.inc.php to something else and try, if it shows english again thats something related to your site and browser cache options!
                      [img]http://i10.tinypic.com/52c4eir.gif[/img][/td]
                      [td][Wiki] [Persian support forum]
                      [SVN] [RTL SVN Branch] [bugs] [FishEye+Crucible] [Learn MODx!] | [My Google Code]
                      [font=tahoma][برای دسترسی به راهنمای فارسی به [url=http://www.modxcms.ir]
                    • Quote from: krypto at Sep 22, 2007, 10:26 PM

My manager translation doesn’t seem to work. I created a croatian.inc.php in manager/includes/lang and selected it in tools->configuration->site. The login page for manager shows translated but when you enter into manager everything is in English. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
                      Your user preferences are likely overriding the system preferences when you login. Edit your user record and look for the manager language setting on the User tab.

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.