We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,611 Posts
    Quote from: gspark at May 27, 2007, 10:30 PM

Document’s alias is not sticking, keeps going blank after you save
    That’s odd. I can’t reproduce it, either. Does this happen to you in more than one browser?
      "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
      • 1 Posts

Amazing... with the last Firefox/Konqueror/Epiphany/IE not reproductible on my Debian, and my Gentoo too
        • 383 Posts
        Quote from: akadama at May 27, 2007, 07:51 PM

@chanh : sure you can make a wget direclty on the script.
        Try by a simple clic on:
        http://modxcms.com/assets/snippets/filedownload/download.php?path=YnVpbGRz&fileName=modx-0.9.6.tar.gz
        Then apply the command on the file with the good md5sum.
        For me:
        9a012ef00712d508e9426b5485b3f837  modx-0.9.6.tar.gz

On my host, I don’t have access to a browser so I can’t do a simple click as you suggest.
          • 36 Posts
          I have RC3 and I only need English, should I still upgrade?
          • Absolutely. There’s a tremendous amount of fixes in the 096 final.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 1,010 Posts

Are you using 096RCx? If so, upgrade to 096 FINAL. There was a bug which caused the alias to go blank when the character encoding was not set to UTF-8 but this (bug) was squashed in the 096 final release.
                • 16 Posts
                Hiya,
                I installed a fresh install of 0.9.6 yesterday and discovered I had only one toolbar in TinyMCE. I re-installed, same thing. So I removed 0.9.6 and installed 0.9.5, it works perfect, all buttons. I then upgraded to 0.9.6, most of the buttonbars disappeared.
                I am now back on 0.9.5 until further notice.

Has anyone else seen something like this? It is not making sense to me.
                Thanks,
                Nistau
                EDIT: Upon doing more reading (go figure), I see that it is possible to modify the buttons. But my question is now, why did it change from 0.9.5 to 0.9.6?
                • Nistau,

There are two locations to check for your toolbar settings:

Tools > Configuration > Interface & Editors tab and Security > Manager Users > {pick a user} > User tab

In the users sections, the values there always override the system settings. Also make sure you don’t have two instances of TinyMCE installed and are using the latest 2.1.1.1 version.
                    Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                    Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • I installed the 0.9.6. version today for my new site and I don’t see QiuckEdit (I’m logged as admin in the manager). The same thing happens with MaxiGallery (I don’t see the "Manage Pictures" button so I can’t upload any pic’s).
                      BASE - Web Design Studio
                      MODX Ambassador

Website
                    • NOTE: Please only post in this thread clearly identified issues and errors. If you are unsure what is going on still, start a thread to explore that, then once you know what the issue is and that it is an issue specific to 0.9.6, post here and link back to the discovery thread or a proper bug report.

@Mproject: I can’t reproduce this problem on any upgrades or new installations I’ve performed. Can you provide more information about the steps you took? And have you made sure to clear your browser’s local cache? Firefox especially likes to hold on to old versions of js and css files at times that can cause some wierd conflicts following an upgrade if you don’t clear the cache first.

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.