We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,193 Posts
    Well, I don’t have the solution yet, but I am working on adding a viewable log as a drawer on the document list window. I will post it when I get it done. I think the information in the log will help me track down what specifically is causing your error.

-sD-
    Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist.
      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
    • It looks like it is trying to connect immediately, and for some reason doesn’t like the preferences in the plist file. If I weren’t busy, I’d try a reboot... it maybe keeping something in memory.
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 258 Posts
        Scotty forgot to add the URL for the bug tracker smiley

Clickie here: http://www.victorland.com/scotty/
          • 255 Posts
          Looks like a wonderful app - for Mac users - too bad you didn’t use some platform independent framework wink
            • 1,193 Posts
            Quote from: Leftblank at Jan 31, 2007, 02:24 PM

Looks like a wonderful app - for Mac users - too bad you didn’t use some platform independent framework wink
            Yeah... that really is too bad. Oh well, next time!

-sD-
              Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• 1,193 Posts
              I just re-read my last post, and it reads harsher than I intended.
              I really do wish I knew Java or that I could create apps in Real Basic or something, but alas, I am a scripter, and this program is written in AppleScript Studio (using a 1 or 2 ObjC classes), So until Linux and Windows can support AppleScript Studio applications, this will have to be an OS X only app.

Perhaps someday soon I will learn another new programming language. When I get that urge, this will be one of my first projects... Command Control for Linux and then maybe windows.

-sD-

• 44 Posts
                Here is one, i don’t own a mac and as such dont have a chance to use this though i am highly interested in its progress, and think a windows version would be great. I was wondering would there be a possibility to get a copy of the Source Code you are working on so i can attempt to re-engineer it for a windows version. laugh

I am not by any means i professional developer (more of a network engineer by trade) but that said do love getting my head stuck into a good bit of programming (always like a challenge).

Anyway think about it i would love to jump onboard this, and even just start creating the windows version, which with a bit of MONO would run on linux. But i have no idea as to where i should start hence why i am asking so i can see if i can progress this.

• 1,193 Posts
                  Quote from: Alan.Graham at Feb 07, 2007, 11:34 PM

Here is one, i don’t own a mac and as such dont have a chance to use this though i am highly interested in its progress, and think a windows version would be great.
                  You are not alone on the feeling that this great idea would be even greater if it could transcend platforms. I am possibly the BIGGEST fan of this idea!

I was wondering would there be a possibility to get a copy of the Source Code you are working on so i can attempt to re-engineer it for a windows version. laugh
                  It is written in applescript, which at this point is only available for the Mac OS. If you can look at applescript and understand how it works and what it does, then you understand enough to know that you would have a better chance at looking at the screen shot of the application running and reverse engineer it from the screen shot to get it working on windows.

I am not by any means i professional developer (more of a network engineer by trade) but that said do love getting my head stuck into a good bit of programming (always like a challenge).

Anyway think about it i would love to jump onboard this, and even just start creating the windows version, which with a bit of MONO would run on linux. But i have no idea as to where i should start hence why i am asking so i can see if i can progress this.

The good news is that I have decided to start from scratch (well not really from scratch as I have learned a lot about programming in general and I have a good starting point for ideas!) and re-write the program in REALBasic. I have purchased a copy of REALBasic 2007 Pro so I will be able to compile executables for Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows.

I will try to post progress notes as I move forward, but that is why I have not posted anything here recently... I have been learning REALBasic and reworking the program in that language.

I feel the name is probably less appropriate now, so let the suggestions for a name for this application begin!

-sD-

• 44 Posts
                    Wow Scotty, im sure this has been said before but where do you get the time to learn all this so quickly!

Understanding AppleScript and other languages i generally find quite easy (i dont know how), that said there was a time when i had a very good programming lecturer who spent 6 months teaching us how to read code.

It is nice to know that you are now going to developit in Real Basic im a little slow obviously.

Cant think of any program names though sad
                      • 1 Posts
                      Impressive Scotty, truly impressive.

After following along, I’ve decided to jump in on the matter of naming. I think you may be fine with Command Control, or perhaps "Command+Control." My thinking is that while Mac users catch to allusion to activating keyboard commands, the connection to a Command and Control Unit or Center still works for users of other platforms. Command+Control has nice alliteration with simple, familiar terms...and in fact, that is what the program offers...command and control of your MODx site(s) from your desktop. So maybe you just nailed it from the get-go. You have a knack for that, I have observed!!! wink

One more thing, does the current app allow for managing (creating/editing) templates (and chunks, snippets, etc.)? If not, perhaps I should offer that up on the bug tracker/feature request.

kind regards,
                      bmck

-BMcK