We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 144 Posts
    Quote from: robcarey at May 10, 2017, 08:38 PM
    Hello there,

I have a frustrating issue on a fresh and current modx installation.

A migx template variable setup with an input type of "richtext" is not rendering correctly and it's driving me nuts trying to figure out why.

Some screenshots attached.

You can see in the one it renders as simply a text area sort of, with an unlabeled checkbox. You can type in both fields, including the malrendered richtext box, but you cannot correctly click the "Done" button. Doing so generates a java script error - see attached screenshot.

Any tips?

Hi,

I know that sometimes frustration kicks in.

Just use this line of code to get "rich text" in "Migx" with this plugin :

{"field":"descriptionAbc","caption":"descriptionAbc","inputTVtype":"richtext","tinymce_chunk":"TinymceWrapperMIGX"}
      • 2 Posts
      Quote from: robcarey at May 10, 2017, 08:38 PM
      Hello there,

I have a frustrating issue on a fresh and current modx installation.

A migx template variable setup with an input type of "richtext" is not rendering correctly and it's driving me nuts trying to figure out why.

Some screenshots attached.

You can see in the one it renders as simply a text area sort of, with an unlabeled checkbox. You can type in both fields, including the malrendered richtext box, but you cannot correctly click the "Done" button. Doing so generates a java script error - see attached screenshot.

Any tips?

Please make sure you have renamed

It solved the problem for me. Also this is a temporary solution, you better make your own custom chunk for migx
        • 36 Posts
        Quote from: lawrenz at May 11, 2017, 09:12 AM

It solved the problem for me. Also this is a temporary solution, you better make your own custom chunk for migx

This worked - thanks for your help! Much appreciated!! smiley
          • 2 Posts
          Quote from: robcarey at May 11, 2017, 08:58 PM
          Quote from: lawrenz at May 11, 2017, 09:12 AM

This worked - thanks for your help! Much appreciated!! smiley

NP! Have a good day
            • 45 Posts
            Morning,

Struggling with TinyJSONGallery. Making very slow progress with the whole wrapper. Finally managed to Upload files - although not reliably. More on that story later...

I'd assumed with the Gallery that there would be a mechanism to automagically populate the JSON with content.

I duplicated the tw_ImogenTheme. This dragged in the many TVs such as the TinyJSONGalleryTV. I stripped out the design stuff to fit into my own design including removal of the TinyMagicPublisher as I believe this is for front end which I'm not tackling just now. I added a chunk call [[$sample_Gallery_BxSlider_TJSON]] which is a duplicate of the demo page but as it uses getImageList I swapped in this

[[TinyJSONGalleryOutput? &galleryChunkOrJson=`[[$NatureAlbum_myGallery]]` &tpl=`NatureAlbum_rowTpl_bxslider` &imgCls=`pic` &rowCls=`magic` &linkCls=`linked`]]

And my new gallery resource using my duplicate template works. I get a nice gallery with Prev/Next showing the Nature images. Good.

So now, add my own images. I discovered that the Chunk with the images needs to have a name *_myGallery. So duplicated the NatureAlbum_myGallery to assets_myGallery. Now I'm stuck.
            I had thought that the point was to automatically populate the JSON by pointing to a folder and then use Options Menu buttons like "Rebuild Thumbs/JSON from Server" and "Rebuild from Current JSON". So I stripped out the bulk of the JSON which lists all the Nature images and then changed the Location to my path. Like so -

[{"Location": "assets/images/&autoCreateThumb=1&justJSON=0&options=w=178,h=117,zc=t"}]

Trying the rebuild Thumbs/JSON from Server shows a popup with all the set JSON for cut and paste into the chunk but the path sticks stubbornly to the Nature gallery.
            SCANNING: /home/blah/blah/assets/components/tinymcewrapper/gallery/stockImages/nature/

So the buttons simply re-populate Nature images. Yet there appears to be nothing pointing to that folder. The forum posts above on the subject seem to suggest the JSON of the images needs to by typed in. Doesn't sound right. Can't see a Property anywhere.

Any ideas?
              • 1,145 Posts
              RE: parthian Sorry for your troubles, but do hold off on that Gallery aspect. I will be dropping it coming version of TinymceWrapper.
              I hope to make it an independent release.
              In the meantime, a more refined version of that gallery was released with the Structures Extra. You may go there to test out its functionality and roadmap - highly improved and more friendly.

Cheers.
                TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
                Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
                5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
                • 45 Posts
                Okay, will take a look at Structures. I'll report later on some other TinyMCEWrapper issues I'm having. Work stuff now.
                  • 91 Posts
                  New Topic within the BIG Topic

I have recently installed TinyMCEWrapper onn my Revo 2.5.5 site. I use TVs to store images, and since the installation of TinyMCEWrapper, those TVs show the path to the image as well as the image file name, ie including "/assets/images/". Prior to the installation, the TV info was shown without this path information, eg "subimagesdir/image.jpg".

When the page displaying these images is served the full image path is resolved to:
                  "/assets/images//assets/images/subimagesdir/image.jpg", which fails.

I can manually edit out the duplicate path information, and can save the TV without it. Both backend and front end then behave correctly. But it's a pain and I cannot discover where within TinyMCEWrapper/Elfinder/MODX I have to go to turn this off.

Anyone seen this before?

Nic Boyde
                    MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)

Hosted on MODX Cloud

• 1,145 Posts
                    See https://forums.modx.com/thread/97694/support-comments-for-tinymcewrapper?page=40#dis-post-548809
                    Yes, please use the native Browser if this is crucial to you.
                    The issue with elFinder is fixed in coming release.
                    Stay tuned ...
                      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
                      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
                      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      The issue with elFinder is fixed in coming release.

Coming release of TinyMCEWrapper, not elFinder, right?
                        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                        My MODX Extras
                        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting