We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    I recently upgraded to 2.3.3 and since then, my image TV has disappeared from all the articles in the backend.

On the website, the images are still showing up in the articles list and on the article pages themselves but in the backend, I cannot see the images at all and likewise, when I try to add a new article, the option isn't there so we are now stuck in limbo, unable to add any new articles to our website. Please see attachments.

All of the standard pages still have their TVs available in the backend, it's just the news section that's not working correctly and I've double checked the template and the image TV is definitely still assigned to it.

Please can someone help?
    • Same thing for me: Post Here
      Have not been able to figure it out.
        • 5 Posts
        I have tried searching the problem and I haven't come across anyone else with the same issue but glad to find I am not the only one - thanks for letting me know.

Did you have this problem before upgrading to 2.3.3? I see they are working on version 2.3.4 so hoping that comes out soon and fixes it. I've been using ModX for over 2 years now and never had this problem before.
        • We've had this issue on any 2.3.x installs. Our older 2.2.x installs don't have the issue. We've hired a programmer to take a look at it but 4 hours later, no luck yet. Next we're going to dig through the database.
            • 5 Posts
            Wow, ok that's not good news.

ModX thinks it's probably a simple configuration issue but if you've had a programmer go through your site then I assume not.
            • Would love to know what possible config issue it could be. We also had an issue with Media Sources in 2.3.x that we were hoping might solve this but it did not. We found we had to create a Media Source and then once created, edit it again and save it again for it to work (see: https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/issues/12395).

Our programmer has worked with MODX for years. None of us can figure this out yet, but often it can be a simple issue that might be easy if only you knew where to look. As mentioned in my other post, only super admin sudo users can see it so we suspect there is a permissions issue we haven't yet been able to track down.

Found this: https://github.com/modxcms/Articles/issues/112

Similar but not exact as we can see the TVs if a sudo user.
                • 5 Posts
                You are a legend!

That second link gave me the answer. It's Articles - I uploaded to 1.7.11 and in the changelog it says it fixes a bug that was parsing the TVs in articles.

I didn't think it had worked at first but I refreshed the page and it's back again.

I really hope this works for you too, I cannot thank you enough, good luck!
                  • 5 Posts
                  Also, the guy on that forum mentions being hosted with ModX Cloud, if the above still doesn't work for you, it seems strange but moving to ModX Cloud could be the solution as our site is also hosted there - not sure why that would impact this particular problem though.
                  • Yeah it didn't work for us. Cloud is not an option presently for this but will compare specs.
                      • 74 Posts
                      Did you lose all the TVs or just the one? We had the missing TVs in Articles bug when Show TVs Below Content was enabled, we applied some kind of hotfix off GitHub to the javascript in Articles.