We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 40 Posts
    Hello,

I'm stuck with something that seems pretty obvious but I don't know how to make it work.
    I'm trying to add a custom template with the "templates" ckeditor plugin.

I created my template.js file, based on the default.js in manager/assets/components/ckeditor/plugins/templates/templates/, I added the line
    config.templates_files = [ '/mytemplate.js'];
    in manager/assets/components/ckeditor/config.js file, I cleared MODx cache but nothing.

I tried to modify the default list of templates by modifying the default.js file, just to check, and nothing is happening in my resource's ckeditor.

How can I make the changes I made, happen in my resource's ckeditor ?
      • 81 Posts
      Where is no media source parameter for CKEditor?

Maybe someone know some tricks to get optional folder in a embed file browser.
      • Quote from: alex_dutch at Jun 16, 2015, 06:02 PM

I think its not supported yet.

CKEditor by default will load "default_media_source" from core/context setting.
          zaenal.lokamaya
        • Quote from: lokamaya at Jun 18, 2015, 04:20 PM
          Quote from: alex_dutch at Jun 16, 2015, 06:02 PM

I think its not supported yet.

CKEditor by default will load "default_media_source" from core/context setting.

Anyway, you can manually edit "modx.htmleditor.js" file (in path_to: manager/assets/components/ckeditor/).

Find this code:
          function getFileBrowseUrl() {
              var url = MODx.config['manager_url'] + 'index.php';
              var query = {a: MODx.action['browser'], source: MODx.config['default_media_source']};
              return url + '?' + Ext.urlEncode(query);
          }

Change to:
          function getFileBrowseUrl() {
              var url = MODx.config['manager_url'] + 'index.php';
              var query = {a: MODx.action['browser'], source: MODx.config['ckeditor_media_source'], ctx: 'mgr'};
              return url + '?' + Ext.urlEncode(query);
          }

Then, create a new core/context setting: ckeditor_media_source and give your media source id as the value.
            zaenal.lokamaya
            • 81 Posts
            Great, thanks lokamaya I'll try this way.
              • 81 Posts
              Quote from: danya_postfactum at Dec 27, 2012, 12:03 PM
              Feel free to leave comments and suggestions for CKEditor.

danya_postfactum can you create a system settings for CKEditor like
              default_media_source

for example
              ckeditor_media_source

Because users is always put files in root of site, it's like a file chaos.
                • 4 Posts
                I'm testing CKEditor as TinyMCE is causing us some problems and i get the impression it's not being maintained any more. Most of it seems fine but nothing I change in the content area of a resource causes the save button to become active.

If I change other properties of the resources outside the content area the save button does light up.

We're on version 2.2.6 of Modx and CKEditor 1.3.0.

Any thoughts? Thanks
                  • 1 Posts
                  Hi All,

I've been using CKEditor for a long time but since the 2.3.5 MODX Cloud update, I have lost the advanced Image property popup. I used to be able to add custom classes, adjust linking attributes, amongst other things (there were 3 tabs at the top, image, link and advanced) and now i can merely set the image source, aligning and add a caption. Is anyone else having a similar problem and is there a fix? Adding a class and adjusting the margins were the most used features, not sure if there is a workaround for these.

I should mention that we have the latest version of CKEditor installed and have tried uninstalling/re-installing etc. to no avail.

Thanks,
                  Ben
                    • 81 Posts
                    Sustain bkammerling, and on previous version MODx 2.2.16 CKEditor v1.3.0 image doesn't have a needful properties.
                    At least return a class field. [ed. note: alex_dutch last edited this post 8 years, 9 months ago.]
                      • 1 Posts
                      Hello everyone.

Tell me, please - how to change the enter mode for this application? (br instead of p)

Thanks.