We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    Quote from: tychoanomaly at Jul 02, 2015, 08:54 AM
    I'm testing CKEditor as TinyMCE is causing us some problems and i get the impression it's not being maintained any more.
    Do you mean the real TinyMCE or what the Extra is using? (huge difference!)

Have you seen/tried TinymceWrapper? It eliminates most of these problems as it uses CDN, no TinyMCE to download, everything is always fresh and powerful and easily customizable.

It has its own awesome file browser; MODx native browser is coming soon.
    It is actively developed. See forum support

TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 81 Posts
      Quote from: kaminari at Jul 25, 2015, 12:41 PM
      Hello everyone.

Tell me, please - how to change the enter mode for this application? (br instead of p)

In block(div) or paragraph(p) press Shift+Enter
        • 4 Posts
        Quote from: donshakespeare at Jul 25, 2015, 03:59 PM
        Quote from: tychoanomaly at Jul 02, 2015, 08:54 AM
        I'm testing CKEditor as TinyMCE is causing us some problems and i get the impression it's not being maintained any more.
        Do you mean the real TinyMCE or what the Extra is using? (huge difference!)

Have you seen/tried TinymceWrapper? It eliminates most of these problems as it uses CDN, no TinyMCE to download, everything is always fresh and powerful and easily customizable.

It has its own awesome file browser; MODx native browser is coming soon.
        It is actively developed. See forum support

I've managed to get CKEditor working now after updating Modx.
        We were using the TinyMCE extra. I did also try the wrapper, but couldn't get that working either.
          • 129 Posts
          I see a couple of years ago there was some effort to get resource searching into ckeditor. I didn't find anything recent though.

What are people using as a work around for Collections / Articles and other container types, where drag and drop isn't an option?
            • 1,145 Posts
            @Paul
            A solution of popup might work for CKEditor; should be easy enough. TinyMCE has link_list for prepoplation with MODx resources, right inside the editor, so this solves the problem of dragging and dropping anything. Search around and see if CKEditor has link_list alternative.

TinymceWrapper has this feature, using pdoResources or whatever to generate a list of all or specified parent-children resources to populate TinyMCE's link_list

@tychoanomaly
            See updated version, should be right easy.
              TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
              Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
              5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
              • 8 Posts
              Is there a way to make CKeditor not to put blank lines between tags?

I write and want it to be that way:

<p>gerjtyiochwrgxwegr.</p>
              <p>adgdghsh</p>
              <p>sghsfhfsgj</p>
              <h2>wrcrwghrwchvrwht</h2>
              <p>hethetvdgxhdeth</p>

And CKeditor thinks that this is the very best method to output html code:

<p>gerjtyiochwrgxwegr.</p>

<p>adgdghsh</p>

<p>sghsfhfsgj</p>

<h2>wrcrwghrwchvrwht</h2>

<p>hethetvdgxhdeth</p>
              [ed. note: treniota last edited this post 8 years ago.]
                • 81 Posts
                Hi danya_postfactum.
                How to add a title field to image dialog?
                Because today it has the same importance as an alt field.
                  • 1 Posts
                  Quote from: alex_dutch at Jul 26, 2015, 07:33 PM
                  Quote from: kaminari at Jul 25, 2015, 12:41 PM
                  Hello everyone.

Tell me, please - how to change the enter mode for this application? (br instead of p)

In block(div) or paragraph(p) press Shift+Enter

Yeah, all ok, but... what to do if I want to change it permanently to give my client editor with br tag on Enter, not on Shift+Enter? I don't believe that people will use this combination each time, instead of clicking just one simple Enter button.

So - do you have any idea how to change Enter button settings for CKEditor, to get br instead of <p> & nbsp ; </p>? And is this possible to do it in ModX settings, or I must to work with CKEditor .js files?

For now I just find this tips, but it's not a solution would I prefer.
                  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9741620/ckeditor-unwanted-nbsp-characters [ed. note: celiberion last edited this post 7 years, 8 months ago.]
                    • 81 Posts
                    Yeah, all ok, but... what to do if I want to change it permanently to give my client editor with br tag on Enter, not on Shift+Enter? I don't believe that people will use this combination each time, instead of clicking just one simple Enter button.
                    Ok, but how do you think you'll get a new line, paragraph or div block?
                    You can create your own button in ckeditor panel, that insert
                    tag
                      • 1 Posts
                      So it seems like this mod support has waned, as it has not been updated in (as best I can tell) a couple of years.

CKEditor is my editor of choice, and support for Ckeditor in MODX works with this plugin.

However, I'm trying to use this mod with the newest version of CKEDITOR (4.6) and add some plugins to CKEDITOR as well, but if I upgrade the CKEDITOR code, the plugin stops working.

Is there a method for updating CKEDITOR to the newest version, and allowing CKEDITOR plugins without breaking it in MODx?

Any help is MOST appreciated.