We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Sorry - I just got it at least working again. From the elements tree I could remove the plugins - just removed them all and now I am at least back in business. I didn't know I could remove it this way - thought it had to be done through package management.

I am going to try a couple more things and then I will report back.

• 149 Posts
      Could you check your /manager/ folder is writable ? CKEditor tries to install it's assets into /manager/assets/components/ckeditor/
        • 8 Posts
        Thank you - that was indeed the problem. I had not run into that with other plugins. It is working fine now and I am already happy with it!

Great job!
          • 268 Posts
          Hi,

I need to know if the unavailability of curl on the server is a problem for ckeditor.
          I'm looking for editor that won't have issue in such cases.

And

Is there a way to declare custom css styles, directly pointing a css files or declaring a classes list somewhere. (like in tinyMce).
          Without simple customs css list in the editor it can't be use by redactor. isnt'it ?

Thank you
            • 268 Posts
            Something else.
            I added Ckeditor to test it on my own site where TinyMCE was the rte.
            I'm not able to switch between Tiny and Ckeditor in system parameters. can try to change the "which_editor" setting, I can choose Tiny from the TRE list an save...BUT
            it does not change at all and CK remains the rte.
            now even deleting Ckeditor there's still no way the redecale tiny as the RTE. The list of RTE does not appears anymore and I can't choose Tiny...

In the manager ther's this error now:
            Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for /home/dzineo/www/core/components/ckeditor/elements/plugins/ckeditor.plugin.php in /home/dzineo/www/core/model/modx/modscript.class.php on line 131

Reinstalling Tiny did the trick BUT the PHP error is always here know (even at manager login page)

edit:
            looking at the DB, I found
            instance of ckeditor in:
            modx_site_plugins, _log and VersionX .
            Deleting all of them DOES NOT helps (!???)

There's no reference in the wholle db to ckeditor now but stil the PHP error..

[ed. note: elz064 last edited this post 11 years, 3 months ago.]
            • @danya_postfactum I can confirm @elz064 issue when you uninstall CKEditor that warning stays at the top of the manager.

I solved it by re-installing CKEditor and then changing the RTE system setting to use TinyMCE and the error is gone and I can use Tiny.

The reason I switched back to Tiny is because inserting links is kind of buggy it would make links from the assets folder and not include the site, ie: I made a link to a PDF file and the link would be assets/folder/pdf.pdf instead of something like this: http://website.com/assets/folder/pdf.pdf.

Don't get me wrong I love CKEditor but this particular bug prevents me from using it as my default RTE for my clients, other than this issue you've done a fantastic job porting this over to MODX and the community appreciates your efforts with this extra.

Thanks and keep up the great work.
                Benjamin Marte
                Interactive Media Developer
                Follow Me on Twitter | Visit my site | Learn MODX
                • 149 Posts
                Quote from: benmarte at Jan 27, 2013, 03:41 AM

The reason I switched back to Tiny is because inserting links is kind of buggy it would make links from the assets folder and not include the site, ie: I made a link to a PDF file and the link would be assets/folder/pdf.pdf instead of something like this: http://website.com/assets/folder/pdf.pdf.

Link scheme (absolute, root-relative, doc-relative) is in my TODO list. Not all use <base href="[[+site_url]]"> because of problems with #anchors. This setting will be added in the next release (I guess in a week).
                  • 708 Posts
                  I followed the instructions in System Settings for installing CKEditor plugins but they aren't showing up in the toolbar. I was able to remove buttons from the toolbar (through System Settings) so I know that aspect works, but getting the plugins to appear/work is a different matter. Maybe the plugins are not compatible with this version.

Has anyone had this problem?

Revo 2.2.6
                  CKEditor 1.1.0 rc1
                    Todd
                    • 20 Posts
                    Any indication when you are planning on including a 'Search resource' feature for internal links. The drag-n-drop confuses some of my clients it seems.
                      • 149 Posts
                      What's wrong with d'n'd ? I'm thinking about removing context menu on resource drop, and opening Insert Link dialog instead.