We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    We’re a bit off topic here but I’d like to know more about that last comment (detailed feedback / bug report filed into our Bugs and Support tool would be constructive), especially since QuickEdit has been entirely recoded with Mootools for 0.9.6, one can hardly say it’s out of date tongue

Improvements can always be made, the beauty of OS community is, you can improve it by offering more optimized code, or if you can’t by precise bug reports smiley

IMHO, QuickEdit is one of the very appreciated features MODx has and most CMS don’t have (e.g frontend editing). Helped me sell a few websites indeed, and be the competition (Drupal, Joomla offers...).

As for disabling QuickEdit, well like any other plugin you can disable it pretty easily : Resources > Plugin >> QuickEdit and just tick "Plugin Disabled"...
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 114 Posts
      Quote from: davidm at Sep 24, 2007, 07:49 PM

We’re a bit off topic here but I’d like to know more about that last comment (detailed feedback / bug report filed into our Bugs and Support tool would be constructive), especially since QuickEdit has been entirely recoded with Mootools for 0.9.6, one can hardly say it’s out of date tongue

Improvements can always be made, the beauty of OS community is, you can improve it by offering more optimized code, or if you can’t by precise bug reports smiley

IMHO, QuickEdit is one of the very appreciated features MODx has and most CMS don’t have (e.g frontend editing). Helped me sell a few websites indeed, and be the competition (Drupal, Joomla offers...).

As for disabling QuickEdit, well like any other plugin you can disable it pretty easily : Resources > Plugin >> QuickEdit and just tick "Plugin Disabled"...

I was just referring to the module not being up to date; based on an older MooTools Version and MooTools Components funkyness that I’ve run into in the past while working with MODx and enhancements that utilize the latest version/components of MooTools. (http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,17164.msg110961.html#msg110961)

That doesn’t seem like a reportable "bug" to me, rather a desirable update or objective which could take place to help strengthen the power of QuickEdit, flexibly. This way extending MODx will still be smooth when working with other MooTools enriched featues. I’m definitely in agreement that QE is a killer enhancement to our beloved MODx, and felt it worthy to point out what may be a tricky to decipher cause of error(s).

I know that the plugin *can* be disabled so that other MooTools mods can work, but doing so eliminates the ability to use QuickEdit!. That leaves us with a "pick one" scenario. Thanks for the feedback, and please excuse the slightly awry placement here.. smiley

• 247 Posts
        I have a similar problem to Pete. However in my case the user is a Manager User and I also get the same error: "Incorrect username or password". Again, the details are correct because I can use them to log in directly to the manager UI.

Iam using Weblogin in pretty much the way it was installed: [!WebLogin? &tpl=`FormLogin` &loginhomeid=`1`!]. The login form is on the page as installed, with the template changed to use my site template.

Anybody any idea what I’m doing wrong? Further details available on request.

Cheers
        • Again, Weblogin does not allow manager users to login, so that would never work.
            • 247 Posts
            Ah, OK. What should I use to let a Manager User login from a link on my web pages?
              • 4,205 Posts
              There is a snippet that is used for front end login to the manager, I think it is named something like ManagerLogin or simply link directly to the manager login page.
                [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
                Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
                • 3,975 Posts
                  Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                  • 41 Posts
                  Its certainly a tool that could do with a little updating, however I have found it very useful in demonstrating to clients the ease of editing pages from the front end, which the less IT savvy seem to prefer.
                    • 9 Posts
                    So just for the record here... (and to help a beginner)

As a manager I can log in and then use the quickmanager to edit pages "edit resource" from the front end, but for my client when they log in as a Web User I then need to have some snippet like Ditto on a page...

What I am getting at is lets say I just have a simple "about me" page that I want my Web User to edit nice and easy I will need to use Ditto..? & Quickmanager is only for Web Managers?

Is that correct? (I am confused) huh

Thanks!! grin
                    • Ditto has nothing to do with editing pages; it’s only for displaying lists of pages with links and summaries. You need something like FDM where qualified web users can edit.
                        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org