We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 50 Posts
    Hello folks,

I have created a Media Source that contains all user uploaded content in assets/images/

One thing I can't figure out is why when I login as an editor the dropdown menu under the Files tab initially says '1', see attached.

In order to view my images folder I have to select the dropdown under the 'Files' tab and the '1' disappears. I have the same issue when using TinyMCE

Anyone experienced a similar problem?

Thanks,

Danny
      • 6 Posts
      I have exactly the same Problem ..

seems to be a bug ..
        • 6 Posts
          • 81 Posts
          This is related to http://tracker.modx.com/issues/6577 but your bug specifically mentions the fact that the ID # shows in the list initially. I've found this to be the case for many other resource drop-downs, however. I think that's more of a cosmetic issue.

The real issue here is that the wrong ID is being referenced in the drop-down. A proposed fix has been suggested in the issue I liked to above, but it hasn't worked for me. I suggest you try testing it and report your feedback. It's also being discussed here: http://forums.modx.com/thread/74201/file-browser-media-source-label-patch
            • 50 Posts
            Thanks, will investigate the fix
              • 49 Posts
              The issue appears to be with the Ext component (modx-tree-directory) located in manager/assets/modext/widgets/system/modx.tree.directory.js circa line 101.
              The component loads all media sources correctly, but then specifies the 'selected' dropdown item as the system default rather than the one passed in through config (automatic, what you'd expect to happen).

I agree with Moko, the id# rather than name is a cosmetic issue, and I have seen it occasionally display this for a split second before updating to the given name.

I fixed it on my 2.2-pl2 distro by modifying the line in the file as follows:
              // Line 101 in my distro - replace
              ,value: MODx.config.default_media_source
              // with
              ,value: this.config.source || MODx.config.default_media_source

Worked like a charm, but Moko reports differently, so if others can test would be helpful.
                • 50 Posts
                Unfortunately that fix hasn't worked, it still displays '1' initially under the Files tab and in TinyMCE. I'm running a fresh install of Revo 2.2.0 if that's any help.
                  • 49 Posts
                  when you say initially... mine shows '1' for the period between DOM ready and loaded... less than a second on a local server, and only marginally longer on a remote... Does yours never update the value to show the source name?
                    • 6 Posts
                    mind, it displays '1' only for User in the "Editor" or other User Groups with restricted permissions .. for Admin it iss right ..

today ive upgraded to the last nightly build an solve the same Problem ..
                      • 50 Posts
                      For Admin it initially shows '1' for a fraction of a second then shows 'Filesystem' however for an Editor it stays on '1' then I have to click the dropdown to select the 'Images' Media Source