We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 49 Posts
    This patch is to fix the dropdown selector in 2.2 File & Image manager. No matter what Media Source is selected, the dropdown always defaults to the system default source. This patch will correct this, enabling modx to show the correct Media Source label.

Have also put up a pull request on GitHub to see if it can be rolled into the next distro.

• 81 Posts
      Hey Alan. Just following up on your fix. I haven't been able to get it to work. The behaviour seems to be the same as before. sad
        • 49 Posts
        Hmm... worked like a charm on mine. Is your 2.2 the pl version or a build from gitHub?
          • 81 Posts
          It's the 2.2.0-pl2 build on a relatively untouched test server. I'll reinstall from scratch and test again, then bring my findings.
            • 81 Posts
            FYI, looks like other people are discussing this. Maybe we can get some more eyeballs on the problem. http://forums.modx.com/thread/74076/media-sources-and-files-dropdown-displaying-1
              • 81 Posts
              OK, so I've confirmed that it's not working for me on fresh installs of 2.2.0-pl2-advanced and modx-2.2.0-dev-advanced-021412.

It just occurred to me that my description of the bug as it's been affecting me is that it's not merely a cosmetic issue of the incorrect Media Source label being shown. For me, after selecting a file the incorrect path to the asset would be calculated, resulting in the item not being displayed to the user at all.

Was this happening to you or was it merely an issue of the label not displaying correctly while the TV would otherwise behave as expected?
                • 49 Posts
                The bug i saw (and possibly fixed) was that when a media source was selected on a tv, the filebrowser would calculate and show the correct source, but the dropdown above the tree would still initially show 'filesystem' (name of default) no matter what source was specified... purely aesthetic...

From your description and the other post linked above it seems there are some permissions issues involved. Out of interest, what is the status of the following on your server?

• Does this affect admins as well as editors?
                • What are the file/folder permissions on the server (i have had issues like this when moving servers and permissions not being right)
                • Is default_media_source system setting populated?
                  • 81 Posts
                  So far I've not been messing with ACLs which I know will just complicate the debugging of these kind of issues. I want to sort out the Media Source Issues before introducing ACLs.

File/Folder Permissions on core and manager are 755. They shouldn't be an issue as I am having the issue with fresh installs on a local machine.

Default Media Source is set to 1