Quote from: Gav at Feb 27, 2016, 08:30 PM
Can anyone direct me to the docs for Google Analytics Dashboard Widget - how to run and configure it? I can't even see the basic snippet call, if it is a snippet?...
This Extra is a Dashboard widget, not an Element (Chunk, Snippet, Plugin, etc)
Hope this helps:
- Hover on settings (gear icon) in top-right corner
- Click 'Dashboards'
- Right-click on dashboard to update (likely 'Default'), and click 'Update Dashboard'
- Click 'Place Widget' button
- Select 'Google Analytics' widget from dropdown, and click 'Save'
- (optional) Drag and Drop or manually change Rank value to re-order the Analytics widget to desired placement
- Click 'Save'
- Click MODX logo in top-left (e.g. browse to your dashboard)
- Click 'Get your authorization code now' link in widget
- If necessary, login to desired Google Account. Click 'Allow' to grant authorization access.
- Copy the code on the page, then paste it into the input field in the widget on your MODX dashboard.
- Click 'Authorize' button
- It should then show a dropdown of available websites / Google Analytics Profiles. Select the one you want, and click 'Submit'
Thanks for sharing such a useful post. It really helped me in learning some great stuffs.