We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4,149 Posts
    We are now accepting translations for MODx Revolution 2.0.0. Please help us get Revo in your language!

The files you will translate are the topic files in core/lexicon/en/ and setup/lang/en/. Please specify the IANA name of the language in your zip file.

Please attach the translated files in 2 zip files (one for core/lexicon, one for setup/lang) to the JIRA ticket: http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/browse/MODX-2008

Note: A signed CLA is required for contributions to Revolution, including translations. Please sign and email to [email protected]: http://modxcms.com/develop/contribute/cla.html

Please use MODx Revolution 2.0.0-RC-3 for translations. We would prefer if you would use SVN, but if you can only use zip releases, use RC-3. Translating can simply be done by translating the *.inc.php files. No need to "import" to Lexicon Management or anything, since lexicons are now file-based. Then set the ’cultureKey’ Setting to whatever your language is.

We only have English translators at the moment, so if you’d like to volunteer to be a Lead Translator, simply say you would like to be a Lead Translator for your language in this thread.

Note: The lexicons for 2.0.0 are currently frozen, so the latest SVN version is recommended to be used: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,51646.0.html

Thanks!

Current Lead Translators:

• de: MadeMyDay
    • en: MODx Core Team
    • es-mx: charliez / mIDO
    • id: capsman
    • nl: djemmers
    • pl: klis (?)
    • pt-br: Daniel Miguel
    • ru: elastic
    • sv: Pont
    • th: kookit32

Note: If you’d like to subscribe to updates when lexicon changes are submitted via SVN, you can subscribe to the RSS feeds here:
    http://svn.modxcms.com/crucible/changelog/modx/branches/2.0/core/lexicon?max=30&RSS=true
    http://svn.modxcms.com/crucible/changelog/modx/branches/2.0/setup/lang?max=30&RSS=true

We plan on releasing 2.0.0-pl (in other words, final) on July 22nd, at least. So all translations that are to be packaged into the final release will need to be completed by 8AM CST on July 21st, 2010.
      shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
      • 16 Posts
      Did you got someone to translate to Indonesia language yet? if not I’m willing to do.
        • 4,149 Posts
        Quote from: capzman at May 28, 2010, 02:53 PM

Did you got someone to translate to Indonesia language yet? if not I’m willing to do.
        Not at this time; feel free to start and volunteer as a Lead Translator. We only have English at this time.
          shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
          • 16 Posts
          so what I have to do as a start?
            • 297 Posts
            Someone planning to do the Spanish translation? Tell me please to be coordinated.
              • 4,149 Posts
              Quote from: capzman at May 28, 2010, 03:05 PM

so what I have to do as a start?
              Download RC-2, install it, and start translating the files in core/lexicon/en/ and setup/lang/en/ to your language.

When done, zip them up as two separate zip files and post them to the JIRA ticket above.
                • 1 Posts
                How about Polish translation?
                  • 964 Posts
                  @mIDO:

I usually translate MODx stuff to es-MX. Me and another forum member
                  started translating Revo months ago, but stopped because it
                  was too much and mainly because it was changing frequently...

We put the translation files in a wiki, let me search for it and we
                  can start coordinating the translation. It wont be the same as I
                  pressume that RC2 has changed but some of the stuff will already be
                  in Spanish.
                    MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
                    • 4,149 Posts
                    Charlie:

As an FYI, minus maybe 1 or 2 strings here and there, we wont be changing much in terms of Lexicons between RC-2 and GA.
                      • 297 Posts
                      @charliez , let me know when you find it and we can start working smiley