We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 30 Posts

Still having trouble with EasyPoll...

I’m starting to doubt whether anyone has ever successfully installed polling on a MODx Evo site:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,54883.0.html
      • 21 Posts
      I still don’t see a solution for this Error in this forum

« MODx Parse Error »
      MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
      « EasyPoll Snippet Error: The language (en) specified in the snippet call is not defined! »

I see someone posted an image that was suppose to help but that image is no longer available. Can anyone else resolve this issue with a written response? Thanks
        • 30 Posts
        Hi Meve,

I also encountered the same problem initially - I cannot quite recall how I fixed it. Will go back to my initil installation. But it had to do with some detail in the Snippets which supports Multilanguages - without that it fails. Try reading throught the steps carefully again...
          • 58 Posts
          Who can write script for EasyPoll Ajax jQuery?
            Working with MODX Revo|Evo, Laravel Framework. My website http://vanchelo.pp.ua
            • 3 Posts
            Hi all,

I am having the same problem as the poster below:
            « EasyPoll Snippet Error: The language (en) specified in the snippet call is not defined! »

I looked through the comment thread, and didn’t see a solution. The lang.en.php file is present in the appropriate directory (assets/snippets/EasyPoll/lang), and I am trying just a simple snippet call without parameters ([!EasyPoll!].

Any advice?

-Kevin at TEMPO
            www.gottempo.com

Quote from: jazzmatazz2005 at Jul 23, 2009, 12:34 AM

i installed and did everything thats written in the instructions.
            It wont work

this is the error i get

« MODx Parse Error »
            MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:

Parser timing
            MySQL: 0.0235 s (29 Requests)
            PHP: 0.1105 s
            Total: 0.1340 s

Any ideas
              • 4 Posts
              Quote from: Jelen at Aug 19, 2009, 04:49 PM
              hey...Easy poll doesn't have back button, if we click results, or vote(before we click an option)to take you back to voting(first page)

There is a documentation in the folder of EasyPoll describing the different tpl' &tplResult=`yourchunk`

Just copy the examle code for &tplResult into a chunk
              Add a <a href="http://www.ogledalo.si/prodaja/">Back!</a>
              Then in snippet call add &tplResult=`nameofyourchunk`

Did anyone managed to add back button / link to results?