We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Hey guys;

I’m having some issues with Kalender Enhanced; installed following all instructions (my installation can be found at www.deevee.co.uk/null/cms) and then added snippet to my page only to have it return with
    « MODx Parse Error »

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
      Error:	include(snippets/kalender/themes/gold_enhanced/theme.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory	 
      Error type/ Nr.:	Warning - 2	 
      File:	/home/deevee/public_html/null/cms/assets/snippets/kalender/kalender_enhanced.php	 
      Line:	100	 
      Line 100 source:	include($includePath."theme.php");	 

Parser timing
      MySQL:	0.0007 s	(1 Requests)
      PHP:	0.0150 s	 
      Total:	0.0157 s

Now i know that this error has been seen before so i attempted the solutions provided in this forum and the support forum for "normal" Kalender but at each turn i got spurious PHP errors...

Doing this for example

Quote from: nos at Feb 04, 2008, 08:33 AM

@xrisanthi
    I guess you don’t use friendly URLs.
    For this case I hacked the  Kalender Enhanced script somewhat in lines 88 and 100: commented out
    "// $url_prefix = $_SERVER[’REDIRECT_URL’]."?";"  and included
    "$idDocSource=$modx->documentObject[’id’];
    $url_prefix = "index.php?id=" . $idDocSource."&";" 
    resulted in
    « MODx Parse Error »

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
      Error:	include(snippets/kalender/themes/gold_enhanced/theme.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory	 
      File:	/home/deevee/public_html/null/cms/assets/snippets/kalender/kalender_enhanced.php	 
      Line:	101	 
      Line 101 source:	include($includePath."theme.php");	 

Parser timing
      PHP:	0.0154 s	 
      Total:	0.0161 s

which is essentially the same error.
    Trying things from the regular Kalendar support thread where people had been having similar problems - such as
    Quote from: deevio at Dec 11, 2006, 09:23 AM

hi Ti,

Change your

$pathPrefix = $site_url.$assets_path.$snippetsPath;

to something like:

$pathPrefix = "http://www.pilotes-pyreneens.org/modx/assets/snippets/kalender";

And change

$url_prefix = "?";

to:

$url_prefix = "index.php?id=36&";

(Obviously i changed the URL to reflect my own installation; in this instance
    $pathPrefix = "http://www.deevee.co.uk/null/cms/assets/snippets/kalender";

Anyway - this edit resulted in:

« MODx Parse Error »

« PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
      Error:	include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration	 
      Line:	102	 
      Line 102 source:	include($includePath."theme.php");	 

Parser timing
      PHP:	0.0158 s	 
      Total:	0.0165 s	 

I have tried the various fixes and solutions listed on their own and where it looked sensible, in combination - alas i’m still stuck.

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated
    Thanks

D

• 8 Posts
      Ok - so some further digging around has allowed me to get it working up to a point:
      http://deevee.co.uk/null/cms/index.php?id=32

as suggested in the "regular" Kalendar thread changing

$pathPrefix = $assets_path."snippets/kalender";
      $themePath = $pathPrefix."/themes/".$theme."/";
      $includePath = $pathPrefix."/themes/".$theme."/";

to
      $pathPrefix = "assets/snippets/kalender";
      $themePath = $pathPrefix."/themes/".$theme."/";
      $includePath = $pathPrefix."/themes/".$theme."/";

seems to do the trick

Just for reference i had to
      Quote from: nos at Feb 04, 2008, 08:33 AM

@xrisanthi
      I guess you don’t use friendly URLs.
      For this case I hacked the Kalender Enhanced script somewhat in lines 88 and 100: commented out
      "// $url_prefix = $_SERVER[’REDIRECT_URL’]."?";" and included
      "$idDocSource=$modx->documentObject[’id’];
      $url_prefix = "index.php?id=" . $idDocSource."&";"

so that the effective URLs when moving around the calendar would be correct - i.e. http://deevee.co.uk/null/cms/index.php?id=32&mo=1&yr=2009 not http://deevee.co.uk/null/cms/index.phpmo=1&yr=2009

HOWEVER!
      my test event (there is one on 5th of December and one on 1st of January next year) appear to show up in the calendar (5th of Dec for example has a grey box which hi-lights on mouse over) but clicking on it doesn’t take me to the event page.

Now i really am stuck
      Any tips much appreciated
      Have a good new year
      D

• 247 Posts
        Quote from: deevee at Dec 31, 2008, 01:03 AM

HOWEVER!
        my test event (there is one on 5th of December and one on 1st of January next year) appear to show up in the calendar (5th of Dec for example has a grey box which hi-lights on mouse over) but clicking on it doesn’t take me to the event page.

Had the same problem. The fix for me was moving the event title to the Menu title field. It appears the link text and resulting tooltip are based on Menu title.
          • 130 Posts
          Can Kalender support multiple start times? For example I would like to select three dates; March 3rd, March 12th, and March 20th. Can Kalendar make three pages with three different dates to display?
            I twitch because I care....and drink too much coffee.
            • 223 Posts
            I need to change the Month and Weekdays to my language. Dose Kalender use this information from modx? In that case i will have to change the modx calendar names as well ? I’m trying to get it all in danish wink

Thanks!!
              • 21 Posts
              All works great after some fiddling around, except for the tooltips.
              When I hide the list-style, the tip doesn’t get displayed, but the tooltip doesn’t open.
              When it is unhidden, it works, but looks all screwed up.

Any ideas?
                • 59 Posts
                I’m having the same issue as xrisanthi with my events not showing any information on the calendar. The calendar shows that the day has an event, but there aren’t any words located in the day, nor does it link to the description of the event.

Here’s my call:
                [!Kalender? &parent=`61` &mode=`enhanced` &showInfo=`intro` &dayLen=`3`!]

Thoughts?
                  • 40 Posts
                  Can Kalender retrieve data from different parents? For example retrieve all children from parents 35,36,128 and 129?

I tried i few calls myself like:
                  [!Kalender?parent=`35,36,128,129` &mode=`enhanced` &showInfo=`both`!]

But to no avail...

thanks for the help
                    • 31 Posts
                    I have implemented this snippet to test how it and unfortunately I receive only pieces of code like this (attached).. it looks that at the start and the end of the output there parts of the calendar. Does this snippet work for you? With ModX 1.0.3? THANKS a lot for help!
                      MODx is way ahead... Thanks for your work!
                      • 31 Posts
                      Quote from: andrew4u at May 08, 2010, 11:37 AM

I have implemented this snippet to test how it and unfortunately I receive only pieces of code like this (attached).. it looks that at the start and the end of the output there parts of the calendar. Does this snippet work for you? With ModX 1.0.3? THANKS a lot for help!

Replacing <? by <?php in the kalender_enhanced.php solved the issue. Thanks to OpenGeek for hinting it in a topic related to the old Kalender snippet!
                        MODx is way ahead... Thanks for your work!