We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 120 Posts
    Quote from: jbjones at Dec 16, 2007, 08:37 PM

How hard would it to be to adjust the calendar to accept another TV with a drop down list of colors, ie Dark Red, Light Red, Dark Blue, Light Blue, etc. Then the calendar would automatically insert that span around each title.

The more advanced alternative would be to have the TV drop down contain event categories that you could setup and then style whatever color you wanted. Then in the calendar view you could also setup a list of those categories and show only matching events.

That would lead to a third revision to restrict those events based on web user access privileges.

vCalendar claims to be open source and is pretty slick looking. I wonder how hard it would be to get that reworked to link in to the MODx framework for integration with users and postings.

All very nice ideas.  I might consider implementing the color coding TV, which would be pretty simple, but the other ideas would be pretty involved, and I don’t have the time (or motivation, for that matter) to take it on right now.
      • 345 Posts
      What do you make of this error I’m getting in Firefox under the calendar link on the left menu.

http://test.ebcgroups.com/ss/growing-relationships/

My snippet call is this, inside the content field.
      [!Kalender? &parent=`84` &showInfo=`intro`!]

If it helps, when I first called the snippet I was just getting an empty content area. The actual page loaded, but no calendar. So I unchecked the "cache page" checkbox and inverted the snippet call to call it cached. That’s when the error showed up. And reversing it back to the original call doesn’t help.
        • 120 Posts
        Quote from: jbjones at Dec 18, 2007, 01:38 AM

What do you make of this error I’m getting in Firefox under the calendar link on the left menu.

http://test.ebcgroups.com/ss/growing-relationships/

My snippet call is this, inside the content field.
        [!Kalender? &parent=`84` &showInfo=`intro`!]

If it helps, when I first called the snippet I was just getting an empty content area. The actual page loaded, but no calendar. So I unchecked the "cache page" checkbox and inverted the snippet call to call it cached. That’s when the error showed up. And reversing it back to the original call doesn’t help.

I’m not sure what to make of this. Without being able to analyze your whole set-up, it appears that the script has determined that your assets directory is called ’s’. That’s the obvious problem, but I’m not sure why it’s doing that.

My best offer at this point is for you to send me some login credentials. I would need to look at your setup closer to determine what’s going on. If you happen to want me to do that, send them on, and I’ll do it when I get a spare moment. But you’ll have to be patient.
          • 345 Posts
          Ok. I sent a PM.
            • 345 Posts
            Excellent. The calendar seems to be working.

I was now wondering if you had done any work to modify the blog post form to also put dates into the StarTime and EndTime TVs. I worked on it a little, but apparently you can’t just copy and paste from the Pub_Date field already on the blog publishing form.

I guess posting to a TV is a little different because I haven’t been able to figure out how to rename things to get it to work.

• 120 Posts
              Quote from: jbjones at Dec 19, 2007, 02:46 AM

Excellent. The calendar seems to be working.

I was now wondering if you had done any work to modify the blog post form to also put dates into the StarTime and EndTime TVs. I worked on it a little, but apparently you can’t just copy and paste from the Pub_Date field already on the blog publishing form.

I guess posting to a TV is a little different because I haven’t been able to figure out how to rename things to get it to work.

If you’re wanting Kalender to indicate when your blog posts were published, without manually punching in a date for StartTime, I’m afraid that’s beyond the scope and purpose of this snippet. This snippet is created for scheduling, not historical documentation.

I would imagine that someone has created a calendar specifically for the purpose you’re wanting it for. If you don’t find anything in the resource library, modifying the original Kalender script to do this should be pretty simple, because it already uses a field directly from the document properties in the database (instead of a TV which is more complicated), so changing it to do what you’re wanting would be as simple as changing the name of the field that it gets its start date value from. You’ll also need to change the name of the folder "Kalender", and change the folder path in the snippet code to reflect your name change, if you want to run my enhanced version and the original version on the same instance of MODx.
                • 615 Posts
                Maybe DittoCal could be it: http://modxcms.com/DittoCal-696.html
                  I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?
                  • 345 Posts
                  If you’re wanting Kalender to indicate when your blog posts were published, without manually punching in a date

Nope. I’m just wanting to post the start and end dates of an event from the front end. The way NewsPublisher does blogs. I just can’t figure out how to write to those TV’s (as a front end user), and preferably have a date picker available also.

• 120 Posts
                    Quote from: jbjones at Dec 19, 2007, 10:58 PM

If you’re wanting Kalender to indicate when your blog posts were published, without manually punching in a date

Nope. I’m just wanting to post the start and end dates of an event from the front end. The way NewsPublisher does blogs. I just can’t figure out how to write to those TV’s (as a front end user), and preferably have a date picker available also.

I see what you’re saying. Yeah, it’s really designed for people who have access to the manager.
                      • 174 Posts
                      I very much apreciate the Kalender enhanced, very usefull for event presenting.
                      Though 2 items I run into that I can’t see through by now.

First the switching through the months does not work for me. Has it to do with friendly URLs? for in the resulting html (?mo=12&yr=2007) there is no page given but on your example page (/Calendar.html?mo=11&yr=2007)
                      SOLVED --- fetched the resp. Code from Calx

Second the tooltips reside in the bottom right area of my main div instead of below the mousepointer.
                      SOLVED --- look here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,9617.45.html, post 136

One new Iem appears: Can’t style the tips. It appears to be kind of standard styling of overlib with blue border and auto width.

Could someone help?